• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Death of Superman and Reign of Supermen - all issues and variants
13 13

404 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, JoeyClarkKent said:

Omg I need so many of those if they come back a 9.8! Please send them and give me first attempt to buy!

A lot of those actually didn't make the cut. They all have various issues from the boxes they came inside. Out of all of those, only two were actually viable candidates.  I have so many of each and every one of the entire run, but have been sorting through to see how many are potentially 9.8. If I do get any of these back that are on your list, I will definitely let you know. 

1 minute ago, Cpt Kirk said:

that is amazing.   Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome.  Really wish I never let my #1 go , but still it is good to have found another.  Also this is what the original package looked like as these limited to 20 versions were distributed by Dynamic Forces and unlike a lot of their Editions that are just signed on the cover and have a COA, These had a book plate page inside of them with the description , numbered, and signed. 20210325_193204.thumb.jpg.adfb9951150b1094e965c42278f93c2b.jpg20210325_193222.thumb.jpg.950d1d1383d5be79ffeab851ca07100f.jpg

9 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Been stalking the census waiting to see how my MOS 20 II did....felt like it had a real shot at getting a 9.8 but Im never that lucky

Good luck! 

4 hours ago, Schoon’s Comics said:

Hi everyone. I’ve been enjoying this thread for a long time and I just wanted to share this with you. On my YouTube channel I showcase my Death of Superman collection. Please check it out if you get a chance. Thank you. 

Very nice video!  It is nice to look at all of the printings side by side!  Cool that your school had a comic book club and funny that the teacher had all the kids looking for JLA 69 4th print, I wonder if he ever found it?

Look forward to the next two segments!

On 3/27/2021 at 11:58 PM, Dwitkin82 said:

Been stalking the census waiting to see how my MOS 20 II did....felt like it had a real shot at getting a 9.8 but Im never that lucky

Well its on its way back as a 9.4

Much better than anticipated when I first received it in its raw form...now the question is, do I keep it?

Edited by Dwitkin82

53 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Much better than anticipated when I first received it in its raw form...now the question is, do I keep it?

Only you can really decide on that one. I will say a raw just sold on ebay for $82 that I am sure would grade lower.  20210505_230842.jpg.0d4cbc20d3011ede01b7ea25448a5df6.jpg

9 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

I bet it’ll be sweet!  Congrats!  So cool when you send them in yourself... for that reason alone I’d keep it (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Iconic1s said:

I bet it’ll be sweet!  Congrats!  So cool when you send them in yourself... for that reason alone I’d keep it (thumbsu

Oops... that is unless anyone ever sends in a 499 3rd and gets a 9.8!  In that case I would definitely sell it to me!  Yes, definitely sell it to me in that case! lol

Congrats again on the MOS 20 2nd!!

22 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Only you can really decide on that one. I will say a raw just sold on ebay for $82 that I am sure would grade lower.  20210505_230842.jpg.0d4cbc20d3011ede01b7ea25448a5df6.jpg

Market on the 9.4 should still be in the $250-$350 range I would think..there are only 6 total of all grades on the census

Edited by Dwitkin82

5 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Market on the 9.4 should still be in the $250-$350 range I would think..there are only 6 on the census

I would think those are a fair estimate based on the sales I have tracked. That said when they are sent to auction with no reserve all bets are off and could set a new record ( high or low) the one I posted above was just the most recent sale for the MOS 2nd print that had just ended on ebay right before my post and with it not containing DCU or DC Universe Logo anywhere in the title it did not garner the visibly it would have to some of those interested.  This combined with the fact that when you really look at the image ( only front shown) and if you are familiar with grading this one would have been lucky to get a 9.0 in my opinion based on what I saw from the front cover.