• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Death of Superman and Reign of Supermen - all issues and variants
13 13

404 posts in this topic

Nice work on the run brings back memories. I remember being a kid and my uncle bringing me these comics. Loved the story line so much it caused my life long love for comics. I still have them they are all in rough shape where I have read the hell out them. Even raged out they are still some of my most cherished books. Now if they would just make a doomsday superman movie.

Wow Kirk! That sure is a collection I appreciate.

The only one I saw missing, which was probably just an oversite, was 499 2nd print.

There also is the 500 Platinum Error. I don't really consider it part of the set since it is just a color error and that is why I haven't requested it be added to the registry set. I didn't even know it exisited until about a year and a half ago.

scan0084_zpsf768c8ec.jpg

scan0019_zpsd95cab56.jpg

Bryan -- thanks for the great scans. I'm having trouble seeing the difference between the error copy and the regular platinum copy. What is the difference.

p.s. I don't think anyone who collects these variants has seen a SM 499 2nd printing yet. Some people think it exists but I've never seen it.

regards,

Kirk

The first time I saw one was on eBay from a fellow board member. It is the signed one in the picture that I posted.

I didn't even know it existed and had never heard anything about it at all so I had to make sure I won it because I never knew if I would come across another one again. Lucky for me I found another one and got it graded and it is the 9.8. :banana:

Many thanks to Bryan. He sold me his spare error copy of Adv of Superman Platinum, so it is now being added to the slide show. There is only a very subtle color difference between the error copy and the non-error copy. You might not be able to discern it from the photos, but my collection now includes this error copy.

You the man, Bryan!

Here's a side by side comparison of the platinum error and non-error copy (the error copy is the signed one). You can see the color difference between the two copies. The non-error has a deeper silver color to it.

93011SM500platcomparison_zps408058b3.jpg

regards,

Kirk

Edited by Cpt Kirk

Awesome collection Captain Kirk, and here I thought I was a completist. This just show I still have a long ways to go before calling my collection complete.....

As a side note (and I'm not thread crapping or anything) but shouldn't this thread be in the copper section, a lot of people would be very happy to see all your hard work.

Another question, you gonna have them slab?

Hi. Good comment about the copper section. I'm kind of a rookie at this so I don't even think I know what section I was originally posting this in.

I've got no intention to slab these. I like just looking at 'em!

thanks for the compliment and I'm glad you like seeing them.

regards,

Kirk

Hi. Good comment about the copper section. I'm kind of a rookie at this so I don't even think I know what section I was originally posting this in.

I've got no intention to slab these. I like just looking at 'em!

thanks for the compliment and I'm glad you like seeing them.

regards,

Kirk

No worries man....the line between copper and modern comics tends to shift between person to person. If you're not getting them slab, I would recommend that you store them in one of those hard plastic. (CGC has a service of slabing books BUT not grading them)

Again, awesome collection man....

29 minutes ago, 1963bobby said:

Hello Capt. Kirk,

I looked at all of the comics you have and you do not have Action comics 683  3rd print, Just thought you would like to know, Bobby

Can you show us a picture of it? I didn't know that one existed...