Death of Superman and Reign of Supermen - all issues and variants
8 8

165 posts in this topic

62 posts
16 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

I have an extra but would only be interested in trading for another 9.8 book I need for my set.  If you are interested please take a look at my set and let me know if you have anything to trade that I don't already have 9.8.

(I think we traded in the past when I had the two 9.6 Platinum Editions)

14C6A0F8-D3BC-413A-A4B9-99AD657C58EC.jpeg

Just sent you a link to what I have listed on eBay currently. Would gladly make a trade for this!

1,465 posts

There are a couple #77 3rd prints on eBay....I prefer the Yellow letters of the 2nd print personally 

758 posts
On 10/29/2019 at 1:29 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

No. I think we've mentioned this before....AOS #499, Action #686, and MOS #20 are the kings, while AOS #498 and Supes #77 are at least a tier down....silver medal, if you will...

Having seen a bunch of these over the years, I concur with RMA.   None of these are easy to find, especially in high grades.  I've also found them in the packs, and those black covers tend to get dinged slightly even when they stayed in the packs for all those years.

3,188 posts
11 hours ago, Bibbo said:

Recently added Superman 79 & 81. Still on the lookout for #80! 👀 

2A5F7A1C-222C-4CD5-91F8-C51A3B1231AB.jpeg

The Reign of the Supermen issues have been a pain to find online in 9.8 grade. It seems like 9.8 examples for these books realize anywhere from $20 to $80. I've had several chances to get many of these over the years, but they would come up for sale at the worst times, like after a car repair, home repair, appliance purchase, medical bill, vet bill, purchase of a big book, or strip club visit (just kidding). Now I'm kicking myself for not getting them when I could. These books are everywhere raw, but they are always in bad shape.  

Love the covers for Superman #79 and #81! I got my copy of #81 last year around Christmas time for less than $30.