• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOONEYTHON 17 - RECAP & TRACKING NUMBERS ON PAGETH 18

193 posts in this topic

BATMAN FAMILY # 1 - $20

Ungodly nice copy with a tad cover stress at the code box on the right side of front cover. Upper spine has a small blunt which is more visible from the back side as seen in the scan. Got to be a VF++++++ copy.

img295_zpsd561baad.jpg

img296_zpsc2ad1155.jpg

BATMAN FAMILY # 6 - $20

Slight cover wear with a 1/16th inch cover crease at bottom right front cover. The yellow hides it some... but its there. Super glossy and still VF+/NM.

Overstreet states this may be the FIRST APPEARANCE OF THE JOKER'S DAUGHTER. Is it? I think she was conceived in the long, lost graphic novel, one shot called the KILLING STROKE ;)

SOLD TO techtre2003

img297_zpsa7a6c264.jpg

THE FIRST X-MEN # 1 - NM GLOSSY NEW - $2

I bought this the other day thinking "wow Neal did a new X-men story" and finished thinking... more like praying... that Neal's hands were chopped off before he started issue two.

Undoubtedly the worst drawn book I've seen come out of Marvel in over a decade. I honestly couldn't tell you what it was about and I just read it last night. Awful... truly awful.

BUT... don't let that dissuade you from plunking down 8 bits and buying it ;)

SOLD TO JOP @ 20%

img305_zps5d8ac477.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS # 428 & 429 - $20

First two appearances of Black Orchid and both copies are glossy sweet. The only thing keeping the 428 from being higher than a VF+/NM is "thumbing" on the right side of front cover under her wing and the lower right corner tiny corner crease. The 429 is NM minus-ish... maybe better.

The issue 430 is thrown in for FREE and its probably a FN+.

SOLD TO JAYMOLE

img302_zps24541c24.jpg

img303_zps4830cf4d.jpg

img304_zps4175cd0f.jpg

STAR WARS # 1 - $20

Ok this first printing book looks like a VF/VF+ at first glance. Slight cover stress around the outer edges is evident in the scan and non-obtrusive.

Main problem with the book is right below the "Fabulous First Issue" blurb, there is spine wear that almost resembles a 1/4+ inch split. It's there but really doesn't detract from the sweetness of the copy.

You grade it... and tell me its still worth $20 ;)

SOLD TO LONETREE

img308_zps476fcc5d.jpg

img309_zps57593081.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS # 431 & 432 - BOTH FOR $30

Classic APARO art on this sweet Spectre run.

Both copies fall in the VF/NM range. 431 has a little cover wear below the DC logo there and 432 has a upper back cover 1/4 inch corner barely breaking crease that really isn't that obtrusive (you can see it on the back cover scan there).

SOLD TO JAM_NYC

img298_zps7296f726.jpg

img299_zpsd1b22458.jpg

img300_zpsc445ed28.jpg

img301_zps99477a58.jpg

Both copies fall in the VF/NM range. 431 has a little cover wear below the DC logo there and 432 has a upper back cover 1/4 inch corner barely breaking crease that really isn't that obtrusive (you can see it on the back cover scan there).

img298_zps7296f726.jpg

img299_zpsd1b22458.jpg

img300_zpsc445ed28.jpg

img301_zps99477a58.jpg

:takeit:

^^ !

Thanks a bunch ;)

MARVEL'S GREATEST COMICS # 29 - $20

Super nice glossy book that I want to call NM...but that color loss due to stacking on the "N" and "T" of Fantastic and also on the back cover in the same area is keeping me from screaming "ultra high grade". I'm guessing that would be a production defect from the printing company... but I will let the ultra graders out there fight over that.

Book has some sweet white pages with a tad corner blunt upper spine and sharp outer corners. Incredibly nice for a 1970 squarebound copy.

Displays like a high grade copy... so I guess it is. Sides its only $20... so what the hey ;)

img288_zps37b7d211.jpg

img289_zpsd7553ed9.jpg

take

MARVEL'S GREATEST COMICS # 29 - $20

Super nice glossy book that I want to call NM...but that color loss due to stacking on the "N" and "T" of Fantastic and also on the back cover in the same area is keeping me from screaming "ultra high grade". I'm guessing that would be a production defect from the printing company... but I will let the ultra graders out there fight over that.

Book has some sweet white pages with a tad corner blunt upper spine and sharp outer corners. Incredibly nice for a 1970 squarebound copy.

Displays like a high grade copy... so I guess it is. Sides its only $20... so what the hey ;)

take

^^

Thanks a bunch, Ray :headbang:

Breaking Bad is coming on in about 25 minutes... so lets grunt a few more out before then... :)

DARK SHADOWS STORY DIGEST MAGAZINE - NM MINUS or better - $50

This digest is SWEET. Sharp glossy color. Hard to find in grade. Digest size made it harder to hold in the bathroom I'm sure hence the lack of high grade copies on the market.

T2eC16RHJF8FFpw0h3TBRbFLFSg60_57_zps37aa27b8.jpg

TWILIGHT ZONE # 92 - NM LAST ISSUE - $20

Not the easiest to find Whitman out there. I look at that cover and think that's Marky Mark and Doctor Doug Ross out there on the open sea trying to see who can sink the Wander first ;)

Oh and the waviness is the bag... dummy here didn't take it out :(

img135_zps88e585a3.jpg

STAR WARS # 1 - $20

Ok this first printing book looks like a VF/VF+ at first glance. Slight cover stress around the outer edges is evident in the scan and non-obtrusive.

Main problem with the book is right below the "Fabulous First Issue" blurb, there is spine wear that almost resembles a 1/4+ inch split... but not quite. It's there but really doesn't detract from the sweetness of the copy.

You grade it... and tell me its still worth $20 ;)