• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post your favorite romance covers
4 4

640 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

north of the border yes?  you won't see this every day

This is a unpublished cover proof. The artwork was later used on True to Life Romances 5.

It may be one of a kind but a lot of the Star cover proofs had multiple copies.

3 minutes ago, lbcolefan said:

This is a unpublished cover proof. The artwork was later used on True to Life Romances 5.

outstanding!  the title is unique, doesn't exist - there's a flaming love, and a flaming western romances, but there were no flaming romances...until now

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

In other news, the Negro Romances 2 just sold for $736.  I'd have gone higher than that if I had had some assurance that the cover wasn't brittle.

I know a lot of people like Earl Shaw, but, come on, you need to answer legit questions when you list a raw book likely to sell for more than a few hundred bucks.

I agree on both counts.  Earl is a good guy but if the book is brittle (and those edges sure looked like they are flaking to me) it needs to be disclosed.  Checking GPA it dawned on me that it's actually Negro Romance not Romances.

1 minute ago, ThothAmon said:

I agree on both counts.  Earl is a good guy but if the book is brittle (and those edges sure looked like they are flaking to me) it needs to be disclosed.  

I sent Earl Shaw a message regarding another book's defect, and he never bothered to answer. Same here for Sqeggs on the NR.

Makes me think he knows exactly what he is doing, i.e., a lack of full disclosure.

Honestly, I can't be bothered with someone like that.

13 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I sent Earl Shaw a message regarding another book's defect, and he never bothered to answer. Same here for Sqeggs on the NR.

Makes me think he knows exactly what he is doing, i.e., a lack of full disclosure.

Honestly, I can't be bothered with someone like that.

I have bought from Earl before but he is not the most forthcoming when asking questions.  I took it as not trying to hide anything as more laziness to go back and look at a book to answer a question.  Kind of like the pictures he posts of books while kicked back in a recliner so you can see his legs and bare feet but he does get some rarer books (usually lower grade).  

Edited by telerites

16 hours ago, Dr. Love said:
16 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

outstanding!  the title is unique, doesn't exist - there's a flaming love, and a flaming western romances, but there were no flaming romances...until now

flamingwesternromances03.jpg

16 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

Here's a few Star romance books.

Unfortunately, I gave up on collecting them recently ...

What caused you to stop collecting the LB Cole romance covers?