• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pedigree type-set
3 3

165 posts in this topic

Good job, Billy!

I see a need for you to add the following:

Cosmic Aero

Dell File Copy

Harvey File copy

Mile High

Thompson, Don & Maggie (my notes indicate this is a pedigree not a "collection")

Good job, Billy!

I see a need for you to add the following:

Cosmic Aero

Dell File Copy

Harvey File copy

Mile High

Thompson, Don & Maggie (my notes indicate this is a pedigree not a "collection")

How about Diamond Run? I know it's been de-listed by CGC, but there must still be a bunch of SA slabs out there with the DR notation still on them.

well, i just ran a h'tage archives search for a book labeled as a thompson pedigree, and found none. adamstrange, do you have a place to direct me to that will show that it's a cgc recognized ped?

Unfortunately, no. I only have my notes. It's possible I'm wrong but I tried to be careful about what I put on the list as I was initially trying to do what you have done and get one of each. CGC kept adding ones I felt were dubious and so I finally gave up on getting ones they recognized and just concentrated on issues I like from pedigrees I like.

well, i just ran a h'tage archives search for a book labeled as a thompson pedigree, and found none. adamstrange, do you have a place to direct me to that will show that it's a cgc recognized ped?

I added Cosmic Aero because Gary Carter's Showcase 4 was supposedly the CA. I don't believe I've run into other SA issues from that collection though I have definitely seen CA 50s books.

Don and Maggie's were 'pedigreed' when the ASM run was put up for auction by All-Star. It's still the only title I've seen identified as being from Don and Maggie's OO collection, and so continuing to consider this as a pedigree collection seems a bit absurd.

Don and Maggie's were 'pedigreed' when the ASM run was put up for auction by All-Star. It's still the only title I've seen identified as being from Don and Maggie's OO collection, and so continuing to consider this as a pedigree collection seems a bit absurd.

Here's the CGC announcement of that back in 2002

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=44

I saw Harley Troy's Conan #1 (from the collection of Don and Maggie) on myslabbedcomics. I think it was sold here on the boards - seemed like I vaguely remember that. It is a newer slab so maybe reholdered and the ped designation was dropped to the collection of?

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=13525&GSub=1163

Edited by telerites

my avengers annual 1 d. run is posted on page 1, sir.

So it is. Could've sworn I scanned through your Ds carefully before posting.

Then truly my hat is off in your general direction. (worship)

Here's the CGC announcement of that back in 2002

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=44

I saw Harley Troy's Conan #1 (from the collection of Don and Maggie) on myslabbedcomics. I think it was sold here on the boards - seemed like I vaguely remember that. It is a newer slab so maybe reholdered and the ped designation was dropped to the collection of?

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=13525&GSub=1163

thanks! I've also found a thompson labeled marvel feature 1. no book from the silver age yet spotted on any kind of site, active or archived, not even mattie's pedigree gallery. i'll stay on the lookout for one, 'tho.