• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pedigree type-set
3 3

165 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2018 at 5:21 PM, namisgr said:

I'm not a GA collector, and didn't know that the Church collection extended past 1951 or '52

There were some mid-1950s "Congo Bills" in the Mile High run like the below Comics Coded "Congo Bill" #6 from 1955 (not mine)

Straw-Man's "Two-Gun Western" from 1957 has to be one of the latest MHs.

Means there could have been a shot at Edgar buying a Showcase 4 in 1956! (but, unfortunately didn't)

image.png.a43b2e4bd518101b2a0e1501725907c7.png

17 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

this becomes far and away my fave s.a. bethlehem book!

STann1.jpg

Very cool. I was watching it in auction last night and I was close to chasing it but I decided to save you some money LOL ! Bethlehem is one of my favorite Peds. This is a very sharp looking book. I hope you do not press it and chance smearing that beautiful date stamp. I think it would great in mylar though. :baiting: Congrats on the pickup.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:34 AM, Straw-Man said:

this becomes far and away my fave s.a. bethlehem book!

STann1.jpg

Congrats and thanks. I consigned the book - it came from a collection I bought in August that had 32 or 34 copies of ST Annual 1 in it.