• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pedigree type-set
3 3

165 posts in this topic

thanks! the only ones left are the g.a. ones on the cusp, that are going to be tough---crippen, church, aurora. there may even be a cosmic aeroplane, but i doubt it. not convinced there are any slabbed s.a. "don and maggie's," either.

The Don and Maggie pedigree will be much larger soon. I just got back from Maggie's in Wisconson and picked up about 25 short boxes of super high grade books. Heritage will begin selling the big ticket items (Hulk #1, TOS 39, Avengers 1, ect) in our November Signature Auction. The others will be sold over the next year in our later Signature and Sunday night auctions.

Had a blast going through these super high grade books and, of course, spending a bunch of days with my pal Maggie! :banana:

thanks for the info, sir. i hope they'll be ped labeled, and not "from the collection of...'. the latter i don't have much interest in.

i am becoming a d.c. collector, it seems. grabbed this cool little book off the 'bay just now; just love the cover.

totu31.jpg

thanks for the info, sir. i hope they'll be ped labeled, and not "from the collection of...'. the latter i don't have much interest in.

i am becoming a d.c. collector, it seems. grabbed this cool little book off the 'bay just now; just love the cover.

totu31.jpg

Wow! :o

That is a beauty. Couldn't be prouder of a geek :applause:

High grade, 10c, DC science fiction, pedigree. That's a lot of book there Billy :)

totu31.jpg

Wow! :o

That is a beauty. Couldn't be prouder of a geek :applause:

High grade, 10c, DC science fiction, pedigree. That's a lot of book there Billy :)

I love the River City collection - that is a killer TOTU. One of my favorite "earth" covers!

It's my understanding that Don and Maggie accumulated their collection by buying the books off the rack.

The Spideys (which were very nice) were auctioned many, many years ago, so it's nice to hear that a larger part of the collection is finally coming to market.

The Spideys can be hard to find, since many were slabbed before CGC decided the collection was worthy of being a pedigree:

581870-D%20and%20Ms.jpg

Two books, Tales to astonish 76 Boston pedigree, Has insect damage along the bottom so I have not bothered to get it CGC'd.

The other is Battlefield 8, River city copy. You can tell most River city copies by the pencil markings that appear on most covers of this collection. But not all.

142090.jpg.aefeffee7dcfddef56a3233bf7f395bf.jpg

142091.jpg.8a56daf36826b9ccce9dfce1a97d5c3b.jpg

totu31.jpg

:applause: (thumbs u :cloud9: Killer copy!