• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your top grail books

97 posts in this topic

I've never been a grail/key collector but there are always books in each title that mean the most. Often it is the last one that I pick up. These are the ones I put the most into getting.

th_Fight1.jpgth_Jumbo009.jpgth_Jumbo11_zps311df97c.jpgth_Jumbo31_zps64c517a6.jpgth_PlanetComics01.jpg

th_Exciting1.jpgth_Exciting11-1.jpgth_Exciting66-1.jpgth_Startling1Denver.jpgth_Startling4994001.jpg

th_31242869c63d3cbacd806d3e173aea0c_zps25271380.jpgth_ShockSuspenStories1_zps0210d2ba.jpgth_CryptofTerror1798_zpsb5d630e1.jpgth_Top-notch7.jpgth_Top-Nothch9.jpg

th_MisterMystery1_zpsfc5dcc00.jpg

Great post!

My ultimate grail is Captain America 46, but I don't think I can even afford a restored 1.0 right now! So, my next best few consist of my Marvel 64;

photo 003-3.jpg

My Cap 23;

photo 005-2.jpg

I know, double post, but my Fight 31 has to be paired with 32, so here they are;

photo 004-4.jpg

photo IMG_0588.jpg

Check out the body parts in the air;

photo IMG_0589.jpg

And last but not least, it's no 1st Archie, but I LOVE this cover image;

photo DSC02254.jpg

Grail all night long baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

khaki001.jpg

Must have come from the same stash as this one, they even have the same name on the cover (although he must have changed thread...). Do you have any other info on it? I only know of one other existing copy of this issue. I've seen at least one other Khaki, and I believe there may be 2 or 3 others.

140891.jpg.b8254db8beca131a4538ada2347287db.jpg

In my mind, a "grail" is determined by cost and/or rarity. With that in mind, these are probably mine (in alphabetical order):

[...]

140889.jpg

This book is just the epitomy of your collection. Ridiculous rarity, pedigree, grade etc. aside, the scary-gorilla theme just screams late 1930s. And it is wonderful to see that you have added two new favorites in the last few years.

PlanetComics1front_zps7fcb6e31.jpg

:hi:Sweet book bro!!!!!!! You will probably already know my fav from the commish you did for me :headbang: My grail doesn't quite add up to many of the books that have been listed so far in price range or rarity but I have always wanted this book and am super proud to say that I own a copy!!!

9398484809_5c3b9fd717_b.jpg

Back in the Dark Ages, before the advent of the Internet and the auction houses, it was sometimes a challenge to track down certain issues.

It might be hard to believe today, but this one was a toughie for me and it represents a true grail for me.

reallife3.jpeg

A close second for me because...well, no explanation needed, really.

captainamerica1.jpeg