• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your top grail books

97 posts in this topic

Back in the Dark Ages, before the advent of the Internet and the auction houses, it was sometimes a challenge to track down certain issues.

It might be hard to believe today, but this one was a toughie for me and it represents a true grail for me.

reallife3.jpeg

That book was unseen for years for some reason. I always thought it was a challenging issue to find.

These would be any Centaur lovers grails Amazing Man first showing and the

first for the Arrow which is like the Action 1 to these obsure book lovers

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/grails_zpse62b8dfa.jpg' alt='grails_zpse62b8dfa.jpg'>

Here are mine. On the left is the book I'd coveted the longest in a nice grade, and on the right is a book I didn't know was a grail of mine until I held it. And yes that book is the only thing my collection has in common with RareHighGrade's.

grails_zps105aeecc.jpg

I sold most of my books about 5 years ago and have been reacquiring the ones most missed ever since. Thanks to GAtor for supplying this one last year!

terrific5.jpg

Bump this baby to show this amazing book ,.so pretty it hurts !

This book was a top grail of mine ever since I saw one pictured in the Gerber Photo Journals back in 1991. Took a long time to acquire!

Marvel44a_zps15828b8d.jpg

....always love seeing this one. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mine will be a bit anti climactic after most...... but here it is ..... one is this book that I had wanted since I was a teenager and saw the Sandman story in a 100 pager. GOD BLESS....

ADVENTURE75.jpg

..... and this one. I can't describe what an influence Frazetta had on me growing up. He made being a geek cool around my way. Sometimes I still can't believe I finally ended up with a copy of this one. GOD BLESS....

scan0004-12.jpg

scan0005-15.jpg

Top 4..for now.

bat1fc.jpg

action10fc_zps0126f0d1.jpg

action7front-1.jpg

tec31front.jpg

incredible. The Bat 1 and Tec 31 are the two books that I want most. Someday...

I can't say as I blame you, seeing as how they are about the best two books of the golden age :cloud9:

Back in the Dark Ages, before the advent of the Internet and the auction houses, it was sometimes a challenge to track down certain issues.

It might be hard to believe today, but this one was a toughie for me and it represents a true grail for me.

reallife3.jpeg

A close second for me because...well, no explanation needed, really.

captainamerica1.jpeg

Even though that cap 1 has resto it's still such a sweet looking book. Congrats on that one

I don't collect superhero books, but if I did the book on the top of my list would be the Tec 31 - such an interesting, dark, foreboding cover.

Second on the list is the Cap. 1 - knocking out Hitler I mean come on it just doesn't get much better.