• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rawhide Kid #17 Club
2 2

145 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2017 at 1:10 PM, Marwood & I said:

I've never heard that expression before, so looked it up - Google says:

(plural golf claps) A sarcastic or humorous form of applause performed by lightly and rapidly clapping the fingers of one hand against the palm of the other, used to show indifference or disdain.   

So does that mean you think my two RHK's suck @Lucky Baru?

Nope, far from it.  A golf clap to me is what everyone I golf with does when a buddy sinks a very difficult putt.  We all stop and softly clap at what they just accomplished.  It doesn't happen that often.  Maybe once or twice in 18 holes.

Funny that the place you looked it up in has an entirely different meaning.  Must be a generational thing.

6 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Nope, far from it.  A golf clap to me is what everyone I golf with does when a buddy sinks a very difficult putt.  We all stop and softly clap at what they just accomplished.  It doesn't happen that often.  Maybe once or twice in 18 holes.

Funny that the place you looked it up in has an entirely different meaning.  Must be a generational thing.

Thought so. Poxy Google. Twas a difficult put indeed (thumbsu

18 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

My rag. Buying it was thrilling; it was my dream target at a tiny local show. I had very low expectations!

IMG_0911.thumb.JPG.047e8abe569fd3a428eadc833f39e29e.JPG

Excellent! I love a well loved copy. My two are beautifully tatty. It's the only way to be.

Your copy is the 'bold' font type I see - you only need 3 more for the full set @KirbyJack :

9d.PNG.12ef99c259068af23d2565889b74f7d1.PNG59dfa5dac4866_1710cAlt.jpg.6d2f98bbddddba70c10e641a022d142f.jpg59dfa5ec6f67d_10ctall.PNG.ba8a9366cbaf22822ca097fbb020a3c5.PNG

Also, have you noticed how feint the Kids face is on your copy - and also the face / hair on the lady to the left? Looks like a printing anomaly which makes you book all the more cool in my book (printing errors are cool). And all this for $20! I see @Dave2739's $30 and raise you $40. Or whatever the phrase is. You know what I mean. :headbang:

On 12/10/2017 at 10:14 PM, KirbyJack said:

I had noticed the face fade. It is odd, isn't it? 

Im not selling, but I'm not sure this'uns worth $40!

It sure is pardner!

On 10/12/2017 at 10:32 AM, Marwood & I said:

Also, have you noticed how feint the Kids face is on your copy - and also the face / hair on the lady to the left? Looks like a printing anomaly which makes you book all the more cool in my book (printing errors are cool). And all this for $20! I see @Dave2739's $30 and raise you $40. Or whatever the phrase is. You know what I mean. :headbang:

Just for fun, my bet is on Silly Putty.  Faces were a common target for lifting images with the stretchy goo, although it worked better on interior pages than covers, IIRC. :D

6 hours ago, Unca Ben said:
On 12/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, Marwood & I said:

Just for fun, my bet is on Silly Putty.  Faces were a common target for lifting images with the stretchy goo, although it worked better on interior pages than covers, IIRC. :D

Blimey, good shout Unca Ben! I like the way your mind works :headbang:

5a3a8933d8d86_SillyPutty.thumb.JPG.0cae20cfa308bac91926c9efa648de72.JPG