• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I was able to score Riddler, Harley Quinn, Penguin & Bane through pre-orders. the rest is going to come down to getting to the right store on the right day.

I also got my hands on a Supes 23.4 Parasite 3-D and JLA 7.2 Killer Frost 3-D, I dont collect these titles thoguh.

I know I ordered the Harley Quinn cover. Should have ordered more. Who knew. (shrug)

Some of us did, but even ordering 20 are only getting 2.. the Harley Quinn book will be TOUGH to find.

All the allocation talk came after my DCBS cutoff date.

I know I ordered the Harley Quinn cover. Should have ordered more. Who knew. (shrug)

Some of us did, but even ordering 20 are only getting 2.. the Harley Quinn book will be TOUGH to find.

Yeah, that's the one that I think will have legs...

Here's what I ordered at cover price :

1x AQUAMAN #23.1 BLACK MANTA

1x BATMAN #23.1 JOKER

1x BATMAN #23.2 RIDDLER

1x BATMAN DK KNI #23.3 CLAYFACE

1x BATMAN DK KNI #23.4 JOKERS DAUGHTE

1x BATMAN SUPERMAN #3.1 DOOMSDAY

1x DETECTIVE COM #23.1 POISON IVY

1x DETECTIVE COM #23.2 HARLEY QUINN

1x JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.1 DARKSEID

1x ACTION COMICS #23.1 CYBORG SUPERMAN

1x SUPERMAN #23.2 BRAINIAC

Plus an extra Harley Quinn....Let's see what I get (shrug)

I'm Having the Hardest time getting The Dark Knight 23.4 Jokers daughter ... both my internet pre-orders cancelled or downgraded to standard cover.

I ordered awhile back AND I didn't order a lot (4 total) geeeezzzz.

D. C. Blew this one. Less than 50% allocations. Ugh.

fyi,if anyone is in the panama city area, we will have most all the batman on shelf at 10% discount....there are only 2 titles I can't fill subs on, rest I have plenty for the shelf (though we are initially reserving our copies for our regular "local" customers, if we don't sell through, I will make some available here on the boards)...

called a bunch of LCS here in London, and everyone agrees tomorrow is going to be chaos.

Well done DC.

I was on holiday recently forgetting about it all when I should have considered putting in some pre-orders, thought I would do it when I got back but soon found out I was going to struggle to make the sets that I want at cover.

The plight of us Tea drinkers is well documented in my inbox. Here are some anon. quotes from individual responses:

"have created a real nightmare with these."

"making a hash of it!"

"US stores have snapped up a crazy amount of them leaving very little for other territories"

"have completely messed this up"

"have royally shafted everyone"

"have made a bit of a pigs ear of this one I'm afraid."

"Apologies that we could not help on this occasion."

"Long gone mate :("

"In other words we won’t get enough to fill our existing customer orders on most titles."

... however, the chase was on and it has been fun so far. Haven't tried to grab anything outside of my pull list for my own box for a while now. Not doing as badly as I thought I would. I get the impression that the annoyed responses are simply due to the regulars not getting their advance orders which his fair enough. I can't expect anyone to be annoyed on my behalf when I saunter by weeks later as an occasional customer.