• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PERSONAL] Looks like I can't make it to Comic Art Con... AGAIN!

1 post in this topic

>sigh<

Next weekend, I will have the pleasure of ceremoniously handing over my set of keys to my Parent's house to my younger brother, the new owner of my childhood home. At last.

This, after multiple years of dashing around through my parents infirmity and serious illness, and losing them both within a year's time, I was looking forward to a good reason to Get Outta Dodge. I miss the Folks terribly every day, but the family is turning a page, as all families must, and what better excuse to take a vacation.

I was very much thinking that, after several years of trying to put time aside to attend CAC (and being thwarted at each turn by Real Life) I'd be able to attend for the first time; I've also wanted to visit the USS Intrepid my entire life.

But... no. Of course not. Medical procedures for a dear friend 2 days before, and a suddenly-vital business meeting 2 days after. I'm bracketed. This happens every time. :pullhair:

While I don't think I would necessarily have got much accomplished there (collection-wise), I think it's important to try to participate, share, and meet a few folks. I have April circled, but, at this rate, I wonder what's going to rise up to interfere then, and I think Fall is a better time to be traveling, anyway. And the Intrepid will still be there, I think.