• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age on the forum
1 1

356 posts in this topic

Someone say Swamp Thing? Just picked these up from a collector's estate. Near-full short box, about 150 books, all swamp thing second run (near complete, obviously) from 1-152 including most of the keys, if I'm not mistaken: 1, 20, 21, 25, 37, 50, annual  HOS92 homage cover. Couldn't leave them there even though I've read it already!

image_zps77m8owqw.jpeg

On 3/11/2017 at 4:47 PM, Readcomix said:

Someone say Swamp Thing? Just picked these up from a collector's estate. Near-full short box, about 150 books, all swamp thing second run (near complete, obviously) from 1-152 including most of the keys, if I'm not mistaken: 1, 20, 21, 25, 37, 50, annual  HOS92 homage cover. Couldn't leave them there even though I've read it already!

image_zps77m8owqw.jpeg

Awesome! I had a complete run at one point, but sold everything off many years ago. Over the last couple of years I've been trying to rebuild my Swampy collection, only hitting $1 (or less) bins and only in NM. It's challenging, but fun. It's a terrific title and some of those later issues are VERY hard to track down. I think this is a series just waiting to be rediscovered by collectors. Hellblazer as well.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, OtherEric said:

Found in a dollar bin today.  I've had a copy since shortly after it came out, but some books you just can't pass by:

Justice_League_3.jpg

I used to have a copy of this. In the '90s, a couple friends and I decided to pool some extra books and start selling at shows. We only did one show before one of my friends basically stopped communicating, and all of the books for shows were in his parents' basement. I had one of these, a silver age X-Men 24, a bunch of early Valiants, and an Amazing #300, along with hundreds of other (probably not all that key) books in the bunch. Would love to have those back.