• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age on the forum
1 1

356 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I used to have a copy of this. In the '90s, a couple friends and I decided to pool some extra books and start selling at shows. We only did one show before one of my friends basically stopped communicating, and all of the books for shows were in his parents' basement. I had one of these, a silver age X-Men 24, a bunch of early Valiants, and an Amazing #300, along with hundreds of other (probably not all that key) books in the bunch. Would love to have those back.

I wonder if I got your copy; I got a SA X-Men 24 from that store a few months ago as well.  Two books doesn't prove anything, but it's at least a slightly odd 1-2 combo...

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Was it in NY by any chance?

Nope, near Seattle.

The store has awesome dollar boxes on occasion, though... I guess they figure if they're selling a comic for 3 Million, their standards for what isn't worth bothering with are different than normal stores.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:02 AM, Shoomanfoo said:

Are coppers like ASM 300 NM 98 sill a good investment at the current market value cost?

Yes 

You could probably do some research, look at the value of these books and what they were selling for 5 years ago and work your way forward until today, then that will give you an idea about how much they increase. And it really comes down to how long you will hold unto it for. If your looking for a quick flip then I wouldn't recommend these books. I would have suggested books like UF 4 EOSV 002 VENOM 3 for that but the ship has sailed on those. It really comes down to what type of a collector you are if you are in it for the long haul then yes these books will continue to have prolonged stability as both first appearances are of very popular characters and despite what your opinion of Liefeld as an artist is Deadpool is an extremely popular character.

Edited by Hollywood1892

16 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:
drek
/drek/

noun
INFORMAL
noun: drek
  1. rubbish; trash.
    "this so-called comic is pure drek"

L o l that’s not drek 👍👍I,’ll show you some real drek sometime🤣🤣😷😒😒

On 9/1/2019 at 6:02 AM, Shoomanfoo said:

Are coppers like ASM 300 NM 98 sill a good investment at the current market value cost?

If buying now, I wouldn't invest in either in 9.8 but I do think there might be a bit more to squeeze out in the lower grades for people that just want a copy.

Overall I think there are better investments out there.

On 9/29/2004 at 5:21 PM, trevorlsmith said:

Just curious if there are any plans to add a Copper Comics section to the forum. Is CGC resisting this new classification? Is it just something that will take time? Is it pointless? Thoughts?

thanks

I’m all for it! Doesn’t the age or era have to do with the book price on the cover? Most of my collection is copper age. I still buy em haha