• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age on the forum
1 1

356 posts in this topic

But Frankie, you need to change the thread title with this post . . . :grin:

I don't ever remember reading anything about this....but is this the first appearance of most of the Star Comics line? If anyone does respond I am sure it will include Marvel Age comics were not the first appearances of any characters.

But hey, a guy can try and hype comics they bought that are JUNK! :acclaim:

Star comics ground zero! :sumo: No Star collection is complete without one!

020278b3a18e07f2656e2d7608d02e1a_zps60f402ed.jpg[/img]

I just looked up DreadStar and found out this title continued under a different company. First publishing took over from issues #27 to 64. I learn something new everyday. lol
Yeah, when I looked at your other post, I immediately thought of the David/Medina run, and wondered if there was a big time gap. I have the Malibu Bravura series by David and Colon from '94 or so, too.

And all this time I thought it was a one-off. :whistle:

I just looked up DreadStar and found out this title continued under a different company. First publishing took over from issues #27 to 64. I learn something new everyday. lol
Yeah, when I looked at your other post, I immediately thought of the David/Medina run, and wondered if there was a big time gap. I have the Malibu Bravura series by David and Colon from '94 or so, too.

And all this time I thought it was a one-off. :whistle:

Benderspink, Illuminati Teaming up to Bring 'Dreadstar' to the Big Screen (Exclusive)

Added a new issue to my Inferno collection.

If anyone has any graded issues from the run, I'm buying!

0270C1E9-44F5-4829-9D78-1C7D5EE2A80A_zps0itbzd5y.jpg

Are you aware of the $1.00 price variant of #38? Thought I'd mention it in case you chase those kind of books. It is NOT an easy one to find.

That's what I mean about it taking a while to gain some respect for 80s books. It just hasn't been long enough. Give it another 5-10 years and all of a sudden the "Copper Age" books will be treasures and highly touted. It seems that what was hot, then cools down, becomes totally uncool, until it is really old, then it is cool again.

A fun lil tidbit, from a decade ago......

Hey Everyone,

Been out of the comic collecting game for a little but, now I'm back full force... Wanted to put a value on a few of my keys:

X-Factor #6 & 24 CGC 9.9

Uncanny X-Men #244 CGC 9.9

Any help would be appreciated.

WOW!

:applause:

Next wave in Comic Legends R.E.E.P.E.R. Men Set to Release Sizzling First Issue.

"Who Are The R.E.E.P.E.R. Men"

Never mind ‘naughty or nice’; this year you’d better hope that you’re on the SAFE list. Set in the year 2050 , this comic weaves a creatively dark new story line centered around the overpopulation of the earth. Every comic book lover on the planet craves new villains and new heroes. This 32 page book delivers.

In iconic style with bold colours and a twisting dark plot you meet Dr. Konnick Stiffe (former CIA Phantom hitman. At its core the R.E.E.P.E.R. (Remove Every Evil Person Entity Reserve) Men is a mystery group of revolutionaries who follow Malthusian doctrine of 1798 to control overpopulation and depletion of vital, natural resources. Their plan is to place every individual unknowingly under 2 lists- “safe list” and “expunge list”. The ultimate goal is to remove every evil person.

YOU CAN ALSO CONTRIBUTE TO FUND RAISING FOR THIS EVENT IN KICKSTARTER HERE: http://q-r.to/ggv

Hey Everyone,

Been out of the comic collecting game for a little but, now I'm back full force... Wanted to put a value on a few of my keys:

X-Factor #6 & 24 CGC 9.9

Uncanny X-Men #244 CGC 9.9

Any help would be appreciated.

Pictures... or it never happened.

Oh, wttb.