Copper Age on the forum
1 1

323 posts in this topic

1,812 posts
11 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I used to have a copy of this. In the '90s, a couple friends and I decided to pool some extra books and start selling at shows. We only did one show before one of my friends basically stopped communicating, and all of the books for shows were in his parents' basement. I had one of these, a silver age X-Men 24, a bunch of early Valiants, and an Amazing #300, along with hundreds of other (probably not all that key) books in the bunch. Would love to have those back.

I wonder if I got your copy; I got a SA X-Men 24 from that store a few months ago as well.  Two books doesn't prove anything, but it's at least a slightly odd 1-2 combo...

3,024 posts
38 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I wonder if I got your copy; I got a SA X-Men 24 from that store a few months ago as well.  Two books doesn't prove anything, but it's at least a slightly odd 1-2 combo...

Was it in NY by any chance?

1,812 posts
1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Was it in NY by any chance?

Nope, near Seattle.

The store has awesome dollar boxes on occasion, though... I guess they figure if they're selling a comic for 3 Million, their standards for what isn't worth bothering with are different than normal stores.