• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting rid of spiders in storage area with comics

92 posts in this topic

Not sure if they are wolf spiders or not but I know what you're talking about as they love the garage here in Georgia. They get to be a little bigger than a quarter. Ever notice how these things are complete sissies in the spider community? I constantly see them dead in the little house spider's webs

Spiders are good, they are eating all the bugs that want to eat your comics. Leave them alone would be my advice or get rid of whatever they are eating and they will leave. Sadly most poisons are going to kill the good with the bad.

I'd leave them alone too. Don't mind spiders at all.

Spiders are good, they are eating all the bugs that want to eat your comics. Leave them alone would be my advice or get rid of whatever they are eating and they will leave. Sadly most poisons are going to kill the good with the bad.

This. As long as it's not a venomous brown recluse, black widow, hobo or yellow sac spider they are your friends, as they eat silverfish.

This. As long as it's not a venomous brown recluse, black widow, hobo or yellow sac spider they are your friends, as they eat silverfish.

+1

This thread is giving me the heebie-jeebies.

Once, I was looking for some comics I just sold on ebay. I was moving boxes and I noticed a very different smell, a bit pungent. When I removed the lid from one of the boxes, lo and behold, a giant spider was atop my comics. Of course, I was taken aback but I summoned all my courage to shoo the critter away. I didn't know what happened to it.

Now, whenever I smell that very distinct odor, I am preparing myself to confront the spider.

Like some of you, I don't kill spiders because they eat bugs that might eat my comics. They also feast on flies and mosquitoes. But their appearance...ugh...

Two weeks ago, I needed to wake up very early in the morning for I had a presentation to make to our Company's Board. I set my alarm at 5 AM. As usual, when it rang, I just pressed the snooze button. After about 5 minutes, I felt something drop in my arm and it moved towards my neck. I stood up instantly and I saw the spider in my pillow. Thank God for the spider-alarm, I made it to my meeting with time to spare.

And what about the spider's fate? Well, we danced...I was shooing him away from my room but he was intent on hiding himself in my comics. Wherever he crawled, I followed him, lifting my things as I do. I finally got him close to my door, I kicked him out and didn't bother to find out where he went.

Take it from an exterminator,you will never complete rid yourself of spiders.

That's a shame.

I hear that the Brown Recluse has built an immunity to most standard poison. I did some research and found something relatively new on the market that was supposed to be effective. But the typical Cyfluthrin spray won't touch them.