• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you guys seen the Phillippine variants?
5 5

419 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, HarrisonJohn said:

It's the original artwork

454600a.jpg

Of course, silly me. The original is the best isn't it. Very disrespectful for them to have changed it for the reprint title. 

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2013 at 10:18 PM, Define999 said:

Crazy... I actually have quite a few National Bookstore books! :o More than I thought at least.... And, believe it or not I have some alamar bookstore editions that I mistook for NB's because the price boxes were completely blank similar to the NB's? Confusing... ill get pics of those in a bit...

But as it stands this is what I got as far as NB...

Hulk 187 (going to Tim in a bit)

Fantastic Four 166

Fantastic Four 167

Iron Fist 4

Fantastic Four 168

Daredevil 134

Ghosts 53

Marvel Double feature 14

Swamp Thing 14

Batman 270

Action 436

Hulk 196

Xmen 100

Marvel double feature 13

Marvel double feature 15

Daredevil 132

Marvel greatest comic 64

Worlds Finest 211

Brave and the bold 100

GI Combat 156

Weird western tales 26

Weird war tales 30

Xmen 101

Xmen 98

Tarzan 207

Alamar and Goodwill to come....

:whistle:

I will have to dig it out, but I have a copy of Hulk 197 PV.

Hi guys. Just joined recently when I saw this thread. I'm from the Philippines and I grew up with those reprints from the early 80s. For a time those were the only way to enjoy DC/Marvel comics as there were no comic shops and bookstores are not carrying the US prints.  I think National Book store stopped printing when the US comics became widely available. They are still in business as a bookstore but not in reprinting books. They only printed select issues and it's normal to have them not in sequence as I remember.

Goodwill and Alemars I think closed down during the mid to late 90s.

Early 90s there was also a time there was Filipino translated comics of DC/Marvel by a company called MKPI (they were on newsprint though including the covers)

I recently pulled three NB variants from the regular bins at my LCS, $2 each in maybe VG/FN. Marvel Feature 3, Marvel Feature 4, and Marvel Presents 1. They've all been added to GCD for posterity! The most interesting thing I noticed was how some pages would be reprinted from totally unrelated books to keep up the page count... Marvel Feature 3 has the letters page from X-Men 98, and Marvel Feature 4 has the letters page from Amazing Spider-Man 153 with an explanation of the original Clone Saga by Roger Slifer. Print registration is significantly better on the Marvel Presents than either Marvel Feature.

https://www.comics.org/issue/2069192/

https://www.comics.org/issue/2069193/

https://www.comics.org/issue/2069191/

1 hour ago, rolandtiu said:

The Alemars printed comics that I have are mostly non-Marvel; Non-DC

IMG20200310212559.jpgIMG20200310212719.jpg

Some cracking books here rolandtiu - I've never seen the Kings above before. Thanks for posting them :)