• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you guys seen the Phillippine variants?
5 5

419 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ganni said:

More pieces

sub1.jpg

sub4.jpg

x6.jpg

x9.jpg

x8.jpg

Nice, ganni!  The X-Men 75/04274 follows the same Goodwill issue # format as the ASM 108/04074.  X-Men 75 was originally published 04/1972, but ASM 108 was published 05/1972.  The Submariner 49 pictured above was originally published 05/1972, but unfortunately the first part of the Goodwill issue # is unreadable. Otherwise, it might help to decode the Goodwill issue # format.  

Edited by androolx

In both 1972 and 1974, Goodwill published Marvel issues which were originally published 04/1972.  Other Marvel issues originally published 04/1972 include Tomb Of Dracula 1 and Marvel Premiere 1.  Could those books exist as Goodwill reprints?

7 hours ago, androolx said:

In both 1972 and 1974, Goodwill published Marvel issues which were originally published 04/1972.  Other Marvel issues originally published 04/1972 include Tomb Of Dracula 1 and Marvel Premiere 1.  Could those books exist as Goodwill reprints?

I've started gathering images and will work on a summary document to help establish what is out there. I suspect it's already been done by one or more of the former thread participants but it's something to do isn't it, while we're here. Keep posting @ganni ! (thumbsu

2 hours ago, androolx said:

This KCO 202 NB is for sale on eBay. I've seen KCO 203, 205 and 206 NBs, but I am pretty sure I have never seen a 202. 

s-l400 (3).jpg

That's a nice one 

5 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

@Get Marwood & I I've eaten too many cosmic gummies to read with any understanding at the moment,but great work mister!

It's something to do isn't it Jim. Save us one, of the gummies, won't you...

Just now, androolx said:

@Get Marwood & IFabulous!  Hopefully your hard work brings some books not on the list to the light of day and gaps will be filled.  Thank you!

Ta. I'm sure one of the former thread members will have undertaken a similar activity at some point but I haven't seen anything posted online so thought I'd have a go. It's nice to get a taste of what the numbers might be, if the assumptions mapped out are anywhere near correct. I don't collect them, or plan to - I just find it interesting and, process-wise, therapeutic. 

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Ta. I'm sure one of the former thread members will have undertaken a similar activity at some point but I haven't seen anything posted online so thought I'd have a go. It's nice to get a taste of what the numbers might be, if the assumptions mapped out are anywhere near correct. I don't collect them, or plan to - I just find it interesting and, process-wise, therapeutic. 

Sounds like me being here since I started working at home.  There is a NBS copy of Marvel Robocop.

4 hours ago, ganni said:

There is a NBS copy of Marvel Robocop.

Are you sure Ganni? You're closer to the action, but Robocop wasn't around until the late eighties so wouldn’t fit the Marvel NBS date range that I've captured. Got any pictures? 

23 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

98 examples so far then. If anyone reading has any that are not on the list, a picture here would be lovely.

I was looking through some old Spidey files earlier and I found an old folder in which I'd placed Spidey NBS examples. I found a word doc with this rather crude mapping on it:

oldphil.thumb.PNG.9cd8ed9c24b5312be54368e2e99e0b53.PNG

oldphil2.thumb.PNG.2d4b84f201135b7c7d0d3e647f5b679b.PNG

I wasn't as technically advanced back then :eek:

Anyway, apart from my completely forgetting I'd even done it, it had two extra copies on it that were absent from my new spreadsheet - MA #5 and MTA #28 - so I now have exactly 100 National Book Store examples plotted. Now, is that nice round figure a coincidence, or......

14_03_21.PNG.c186f1949f6e2c73ef8e39aea5ccad7f.PNG