• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you guys seen the Phillippine variants?
5 5

419 posts in this topic

Is that House of Secrets #107 yours? If it is... do you want to sell it? :baiting:

Don't know what possessed me to refer to House of Secrets as House of Mystery.

LSC, it is mine. Give me time to think if I'd sell it.

National Bookstore reprints of Marvel reprints!

Kid Colt 205

9acy6e.jpg

b5i4au.jpg

54vasz.jpg

Marvel Adventure 4

e13ofp.jpg

n1p8nl.jpg

15hhb4g.jpg

Marvel Adventure 5

34edkbo.jpg

5podie.jpg

2567j13.jpg

Edited by archer

LSC, did you get that CA shipped by itself or as part of a lot? It was from a US seller, I assume? Strange that you bought it considering it's neither by Adams nor Wrightson.

Skynet, you mean you had that all the time? That's still historically significant considering it was the first issue from DC. At least they continued the old numbering.

Here are 2 more reprints of reprints :grin: Something from the next batch should interest you, LSC.

Marvel Triple Action 28

1zc261t.jpg

ilkay8.jpg

2ai2a2c.jpg

Marvel Triple Action 29

2hpq7hw.jpg

214zitw.jpg

70uy5i.jpg

Skynet, you mean you had that all the time? That's still historically significant considering it was the first issue from DC. At least they continued the old numbering.

i wasn't sure if my folks threw this one out with the rest of my old stuff. so i had to recheck the garage again for comics. i'm now glad it's still here :applause:

but my missing Star Wars #1 issue.. that upsets me lot along with my now extinct Red Sonja #1 reprint

LSC, did you get that CA shipped by itself or as part of a lot? It was from a US seller, I assume? Strange that you bought it considering it's neither by Adams nor Wrightson.
Yes, just the one book. I got it from a seller in California. While Adams & Wrightson are my main interest there's a lot of other stuff that I'm interested in as well. Here's a link to my website that showcases my foreign books. It's still a work in progress but there's quite a bit of content. It will give you an idea of how varied my interests are. (thumbs u

LSC, impressive collection you got there.

More bookstore reprints (the first being Goodwill while the rest are National)

Batman 236-gb

ivzm6r.jpg

snijdj.jpg

xc243a.jpg

sdod2s.jpg

Batman 283-nb

2ef0spf.jpg

2ibdxxg.jpg

taop46.jpg

Shadow 11 nb

23vdtgh.jpg

t6c6c4.jpg

2prehok.jpg

Swamp Thing 14 nb

k1rx8m.jpg

25tes88.jpg

1zew4kz.jpg

LSC, impressive collection you got there.
Thanks! I've been collecting foreign books for around 4 or 5 years now. I seem to be incredibly lucky when it comes to finding stuff. At least according to Matt (Define999). lol

Once again... if you decide this one needs a new home let me know. It would look great next to my #237. (thumbs u

Batman 236-gb

ivzm6r.jpg

Skynet, I seem to recall you saying that your Star Wars 1 had handwriting. I got my copy from a flea market last October with handwriting on the back cover. I did see a Blodie and a Beetle Bailey but after finding gold, I left behind the consolation prizes. By any chance...

2eeybtz.jpg

LSC, Batman 236 was printed by Goodwill, much tougher to find than National prints. I'd have a harder time to let this go than HOS 107. I added the inside front cover which shows the 1973 calendar so this was most likely printed the year before. Plus it is my first Goodwill ever...

Here are a few more reprints.

Casper # nn (24053) - spp

21o0bnm.jpg

2dlulva.jpg

20qdesz.jpg

Marvel Presents 5 nb

mtwemd.jpg

20pvtpv.jpg

2yzj7ub.jpg

Star Spangled War Stories 201

2wlzhn9.jpg

27y3gxh.jpg

o57prq.jpg

LSC, Batman 236 was printed by Goodwill, much tougher to find than National prints. I'd have a harder time to let this go than HOS 107. I added the inside front cover which shows the 1973 calendar so this was most likely printed the year before. Plus it is my first Goodwill ever...
Yeah, I recognized it as a Goodwill edition. Here's a pic of my #237 Goodwill.

Batman237Philippines_zpscbc8b61a.jpg

I was just reading this thread I came across a kid colt 205 with no price recently and just found out it is a national bookstore variant. Any idea from the more knowledgable here what the rarity of it is. Thanks, I will get some Picts and post them tonight.
Can't say that I've sen another one but that seems to be the case with the majority of the NB, Goodwill and Alemar books. You'll see one, maybe two if you do some digging but they don't appear to be abundant.

I was just reading this thread I came across a kid colt 205 with no price recently and just found out it is a national bookstore variant. Any idea from the more knowledgable here what the rarity of it is. Thanks, I will get some Picts and post them tonight.

Posted the same issue in this thread last month. These are rare but there isn't a big market for them. Define999 seems to want to get them all though. :lol:

And wttb!