• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Since the premise for Wonder Woman is an Amazonian warrior that wins the right to take Steve Trevor back to civilization and fight for justice, you would want the warrior side of the story to stand out more than anything else. The red, white and blue uniform was very much a 1941 push for patrotic support of an Allied force that was combating the Axis.

I think the first thing Snyder needed was someone that could look the warrior-type. This seems to be it from the one photo. Now Gadot's acting has to prove out the rest if Snyder chose wisely.

:wishluck:

If she did come out all red, white and blue like an American Flag....how'd you be able to explain that realistically? She's on some remote, hidden island with a bunch of Amazons...but somehow they've got the fashion sense of Uncle Sam?

I think her armor is at the very least believable. It serves a function and isn't designed to necessarily be eye candy or match the comics 100%.

Also: the colors appear to be dominated by the volcanic landscape and will most probably appear differently in another backdrop...similar to how folks assumed the batcostume was black and white, when apparently it's more grey/blue.

As far as chicks saying she looks "slutty".....when have you ever heard a gal give another gal a compliment? (answer ---> never). If they do, it's always some catty compliment as well.

I'm not sure how American they'd want to make all the superheroes. They want this to appeal on a global scale and they were pretty blatant with Supes Americanization ("I'm as American as it gets, General").

Edited by Kal-El

Wonder Woman

BtfLEsmIYAANa8M.jpg

There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

1. Knee high metal plates to cover her skinny legs.

2. High heels to make her look taller

3. Not even a hint of red, white or blue. If I was American I would be insulted.

4. Upside down tiara or head band

5. Her top made to look she has a bigger breast size.

etc......

Xena the Warrior Princess had a better outfit.

these seem to be observations more than faults in the costume

it's pretty clear by now that they were never going to go bright and colourful

i have zero problems with the costume, you can tell who it is so it has fulfilled it's purpose

i don't see anything wrong with the outfit.

Same here.. It looks good. Better than I expected.

Showed the picture to my girlfriend and a few other women and they can't believe this is suppose to be Wonder Woman.

Comments so far:

"She looks slutty" - Same as a previous post

Is that Kim Kardashian? lol

Where is the red, white, blue or gold?

Is that headband upside down? Where is the star (on headband)?

This is not Wonder Woman

So far none of the women like it.

I don't get it.... sounds like they wanted Rosie O'Donnell wrapped in an American Flag...

Forbes.com's reporter just posted today about the footage shown.

First Footage Of 'Batman V Superman' And Wonder Woman Costume Unveiled At Comic Con

So, the teaser footage shows Batman in a suit of heavy bat-armor, standing on a roof in the pouring rain at night. His eyes glow solid white (take a moment to gasp and cheer at that, fans), and he pulls a tarp off the bat-signal on the roof and turns it on. Then, as the camera turns toward the sky, Superman is revealed floating in the air in the light of the bat-signal. He is furious, and his eyes begin glowing as his heat vision charges up to full power. Aaaaaand… cue the film logo, and loud sustained audience cheers! A major superhero throw-down was about to take place, obviously, earning the film its confrontational title.

Hopefully this footage will be officially released online soon, and if so I’ll have it for you asap, dear readers! Meanwhile, check out that great Wonder Woman costume design, eh? Another home run for this film, after an incredible Batman costume which we’ve already seen (but you can see it again below) and a tweaked Superman costume that is even better than it looked in last year’s Man of Steel. Wonder Woman looks like a warrior, and the inclusion of a sword is particularly pleasing. There’s a lasso hanging by her right side, as you can see, and her tiara has been adapted to be more warrior-like as well.

Since the premise for Wonder Woman is an Amazonian warrior that wins the right to take Steve Trevor back to civilization and fight for justice, you would want the warrior side of the story to stand out more than anything else. The red, white and blue uniform was very much a 1941 push for patrotic support of an Allied force that was combating the Axis.

I think the first thing Snyder needed was someone that could look the warrior-type. This seems to be it from the one photo. Now Gadot's acting has to prove out the rest if Snyder chose wisely.

:wishluck:

Spot on. It doesn't work so well outside of that particular period. A knowledge of history is sometimes beneficial.

I'm not at all surprised with the lack of red, white, and blue. It doesn't bother me that it isn't there (She looks pretty cool to me), but Marvel already had to take the "America" out of there movie titles for certain international releases. It only makes sense that DC would want to avoid any association with the American theme.

First footage! :ohnoez: , is it still two years away though?? :tonofbricks:

I'm trying to figure out how to post an Instagram video on here. Someone took a video of them coming out on the stage.

:ohnoez: