• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I never did post my thoughts on BvS.

Well,I liked it a lot.

Ben Affleck redeem himself from Daredevil and gave us the best live-action Batman IMO.

Gal Gadot was awesome as Wonder Woman even though she only appeared in the third act of the film.

I also liked the JL cameos the film as well.

My 2 complaints are why does Lex hate Superman so much (his reasons were never explained)

And the films pacing was off in some parts.

Like there was more to a scene than what we got.

I'm hoping the Director's cut fixes some of that.

If there's anything WB can do to improve the DCU is to dump David S Goyer as writer and get someone else.

His writing his awful IMO.

Well,I liked it a lot.

Ben Affleck redeem himself from Daredevil and gave us the best live-action Batman IMO.

Gal Gadot was awesome as Wonder Woman even though she only appeared in the third act of the film.

My 2 complaints are why does Lex hate Superman so much (his reasons were never explained)

If there's anything WB can do to improve the DCU is to dump David S Goyer as writer and get someone else.

And your rating would be?

:baiting:

Here is hoping the box office numbers are good this weekend for BVS! :wishluck:

I still think it has a slight shot at that 1 billion mark!

The more interesting analysis will be if it matches X-Men: Days of Future Past this weekend. It would take $25.2 MM.

nQMrhAw.png

Well,I liked it a lot.

8/10 for me.

Well,I liked it a lot.

8/10 for me.

Every vote counts. Even those sparkly 8.0's.

:foryou:

Here is hoping the box office numbers are good this weekend for BVS! :wishluck:

I still think it has a slight shot at that 1 billion mark!

The more interesting analysis will be if it matches X-Men: Days of Future Past this weekend. It would take $25.2 MM.

$60-65MM this weekend WW.

The next four Multiverse action figures with the grapnel blaster are finally being released. At least two of the next four.

Nightmare Batman

Aquaman

Lex Luthor and a mystery figure will be next to complete the set.

DEADLINE: 'Batman v Superman' Third Weekend #1?

Warner Bros. can relish the fact that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is currently set to hold a third week in a row at No. 1. As we saw from matinees, BvS is coming in slightly lower than industry projections with a $6M Friday on its way to a -58% weekend of $21.6M and running cume by Sunday of $295.1M — which on the high end may come close to tying Disney’s six weekend total on Zootopia. BvS’ worldwide B.O. now stands at $735M, inching closer to that $800M mark. Remember, our sources calculated that in order for BvS to turn a profit, it would need to do about $925M in global ticket sales.

1).Batman v Superman (WB), 4,102 theaters (-154)/ $6M Fri. (-60%)/ 3-day cume: $21.6M (-58%)/Total Cume: $294.9M/ Wk 3

2). The Boss (UNI), 3,480 theaters/ $7.6M-$7.8M Fri.*/ 3-day cume: $21.1M/ Wk 1

*includes $985K

3). Zootopia (DIS), 3,444 theaters (-254)/ $3.36M Fri. (-40%)/ 3-day cume: $13.7M (-29%)/Total Cume: $295.4M/Wk 6

4). My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (UNI), 3,027 theaters (-152)/ $1.8M Fri. (-45%) / 3-day cume: $6.3 (-44%)/Total Cume: $46.6M /Wk 3

5). Hardcore Henry (STX), 3,015 theaters/ $1.98M* Fri./ 3-day cume: $5.2M/ Wk 1

*includes $380K

I wonder if anyone outside the studios really has a source that truly knows all the studio accounting details when a film is truly profitable. The way studio accounting comes across, it is well guarded at times due to special write-offs and other details when profit-sharing is involved.

DEADLINE: 'Batman v Superman' Third Weekend #1?

Warner Bros. can relish the fact that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is currently set to hold a third week in a row at No. 1. As we saw from matinees, BvS is coming in slightly lower than industry projections with a $6M Friday on its way to a -58% weekend of $21.6M and running cume by Sunday of $295.1M — which on the high end may come close to tying Disney’s six weekend total on Zootopia. BvS’ worldwide B.O. now stands at $735M, inching closer to that $800M mark. Remember, our sources calculated that in order for BvS to turn a profit, it would need to do about $925M in global ticket sales.

1).Batman v Superman (WB), 4,102 theaters (-154)/ $6M Fri. (-60%)/ 3-day cume: $21.6M (-58%)/Total Cume: $294.9M/ Wk 3

2). The Boss (UNI), 3,480 theaters/ $7.6M-$7.8M Fri.*/ 3-day cume: $21.1M/ Wk 1

*includes $985K

3). Zootopia (DIS), 3,444 theaters (-254)/ $3.36M Fri. (-40%)/ 3-day cume: $13.7M (-29%)/Total Cume: $295.4M/Wk 6

4). My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (UNI), 3,027 theaters (-152)/ $1.8M Fri. (-45%) / 3-day cume: $6.3 (-44%)/Total Cume: $46.6M /Wk 3

5). Hardcore Henry (STX), 3,015 theaters/ $1.98M* Fri./ 3-day cume: $5.2M/ Wk 1

*includes $380K

I wonder if anyone outside the studios really has a source that truly knows all the studio accounting details when a film is truly profitable. The way studio accounting comes across, it is well guarded at times due to special write-offs and other details when profit-sharing is involved.

dispiriting domestic box office performance. will likely have the 3rd worst multiple of first weekend box office of any superhero movie, only ahead of Watchmen & Elektra. competing studios have to be re-thinking giving these things such a wide berth. jungle book would have blown this to smithereens this weekend.

dispiriting domestic box office performance. will likely have the 3rd worst multiple of first weekend box office of any superhero movie, only ahead of Watchmen & Elektra. competing studios have to be re-thinking giving these things such a wide berth. jungle book would have blown this to smithereens this weekend.

I hear you on the first weekend's results. With all that negative critics review hitting the airwave, it most probably did its damage. Then the viewers that gave it a B overall. But it did break positive records, no matter the desire for everything to be negative by some.

‘Batman v Superman’ Seen Earning Less Profit Than Superman Alone

To be sure, “Batman v Superman” set a record for a DC Comics movie and marked the studio’s second biggest debut ever, after “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2,” according to Box Office Mojo. It also topped the previous record for a March weekend debut in North America, set by the “The Hunger Games” in 2012, a possible reflection of pent-up demand among hardcore fans of DC Comics.

But now the movie is heading towards $800 MM worldwide, and as a launching point for other DC productions has hit that note. Though the telling of the BvS story, if told a little more straightforward for general viewers, could have captured more positive feedback.

“Batman v Superman,” one of the most expensive films ever made, is on pace to produce a $278 million profit for Warner Bros. once home video, TV and merchandise proceeds are tallied, according to SNL Kagan analyst Wade Holden. That’s less than the estimated $300 million the studio earned from “Man Of Steel.” It’s also evidence that Warner Bros. has more work to do to make its DC Comics division the unbreakable superhero movie business it needs.

Though Harrigan estimates profit for “Batman v Superman” could be even lower than Holden’s forecasts, he expects Warner Bros. to earn $550 million from its movie-making business this year. The studio, which doesn’t break out its film and TV operations, made about $320 million in profit from motion pictures in 2015, he said.

With final numbers showing Melissa McCarthy’s ‘The Boss’ may have tied or just barely surpassed Batman v Superman in only its third Friday (weekend totals TBD), this could be perfect timing.

RUMOR: WB To Release Extended R-Rated Version Of BATMAN V SUPERMAN In Theaters To Boost Box Office Total

It currently looks as if Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will fall a little short of the $1 billion box office mark. However, a new rumor from Heroic Insider states that Warner Bros. is currently mulling whether to release the 3-hr director's cut in theaters, just before the Ultimate Edition is made available on home video. This move would pretty much guarantee that Batman v Superman crosses the $1 billion mark at the global box office as the same number of rabid fans who lined up to see DC Comics' Trinity grace the screen together for the first time are likely to let curiosity get the better of them and purchase tickets for the 3-hr director's cut.

DH00H2e.jpg