• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Bosco, I am starting to believe you are on the BvS payroll in some way. You are to be commended for your passion for this movie.

Keep it up

If someone posts the positive being noted, they must be on the Warner payroll; but if someone posts negative news, they are just speaking their mind?

I don't get that logic.

Why does anyone's opinion have to involve an agenda? I was disappointed in the screenplay but have high hopes for Wonder Woman! :wishluck:

You fancy Wonder Woman - that is your agenda.

:gossip: Well, he is on Gadot's payroll (that's the rumor) (:

Props for quoting The Edge.

That movie was amazing and is probably my favorite David Mamet film (The Untouchables is a close second).

Everybody will say watch The Revenant if you liked The Edge, but you should try out "Backcountry" for more of a "The Edge" type-experience. Loosely based on a true story about an ill-fated couple's trip in the wilderness (they inadvertantly started camping in bear country), it's an interesting counterpoint that the person that knows the least about survival becomes the main motivator to get back to civilization. For wilderness movies, I rate it up there with the modern classic (bear-less), "A Lonely Place To Die."

I've read a lot of hate on Snyder with this but he didn't really write the story did he? I figured he just directed the film. I could be wrong. Either way I don't care. There's a good line in the movie The Edge: "Never feel sorry for a man who owns a plane."

The main complaint I'm hearing is convoluted storyline so I think I'm fortunate that the directors cut will be my first viewing of this. You can't cut a four-hour movie down without sacrificing some plot. Not that there are any surprises from what I've read, just a mash-up of DKR and Death of Supes storylines. I preordered the extended R cut on Amazon and will run it through my HD projector at home. May not be IMAX but I can watch it without pants.

:o

:baiting:

My understanding of the demographic for this movie is evolving. :grin:

Bosco, I am starting to believe you are on the BvS payroll in some way. You are to be commended for your passion for this movie.

Keep it up

If someone posts the positive being noted, they must be on the Warner payroll; but if someone posts negative news, they are just speaking their mind?

I don't get that logic.

It was a compliment. Restated: your passion for this movie is similar to someone that is being monetarily compensated by the maker of the movie. Actually I applaud your effort to defend the movie even though I wish it had taken a different path. I am not much of an emoticon user so a couple of smiley faces may have assisted the tone of my post.

(thumbs u:):foryou:

Keep it up

I don't get that logic.

It was a compliment. Restated: your passion for this movie is similar to someone that is being monetarily compensated by the maker of the movie. Actually I applaud your effort to defend the movie even though I wish it had taken a different path. I am not much of an emoticon user so a couple of smiley faces may have assisted the tone of my post.

(thumbs u:):foryou:

Okay. Now I get your meaning.

:cloud9:

Keep it up

I don't get that logic.

Why does anyone's opinion have to involve an agenda? I was disappointed in the screenplay but have high hopes for Wonder Woman! :wishluck:

Everybody is looking for Gadot.

Keep it up

I don't get that logic.

:roflmao:

I've read a lot of hate on Snyder with this but he didn't really write the story did he? I figured he just directed the film. I could be wrong. Either way I don't care. There's a good line in the movie The Edge: "Never feel sorry for a man who owns a plane."

The main complaint I'm hearing is convoluted storyline so I think I'm fortunate that the directors cut will be my first viewing of this. You can't cut a four-hour movie down without sacrificing some plot. Not that there are any surprises from what I've read, just a mash-up of DKR and Death of Supes storylines. I preordered the extended R cut on Amazon and will run it through my HD projector at home. May not be IMAX but I can watch it without pants.

Dude, I wouldn't worry about any of that.

Even at 2 1/2 hours, it is a great movie.

Does this still have enough juice for 1 billion?

:roflmao: doesn't have enough juice for $900MM.

doh!

You really are becoming creepy over this film.

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah. CC asked a ridiculous question

Easy enough to point out the momentum on this film has slowed down to the point it will not reach one billion dollars USD unless something encourages the same moviegoers to come back to the theater.

Now if Warner felt like releasing that R-rated version of the film, that could do it. Though for a three-hour seating, I would hope for at least one fifteen-minute intermission.

bathroom_knocker-2074.gif

doh!

Easy enough to point out the momentum on this film has slowed down to the point it will not reach one billion dollars USD unless something encourages the same moviegoers to come back to the theater.

Now if Warner felt like releasing that R-rated version of the film, that could do it. Though for a three-hour seating, I would hope for at least one fifteen-minute intermission.

Traditionally, intermissions were used for road show engagements of noteworthy, monumental films in larger metropolitan theaters. These theaters had ushers (remember those) who made sure audiences found their original seats.

Most modern multiplex cinemas don't employ ushers, they barely have enough employees to handle tickets and concessions. Heck, for the extended cut theaters might have to hire on site counceling to console depressed filmgoers after three hours of ZS's dystopian world view.

Longer films mean fewer showings, another draw back to getting cinemas on board for an extended run of his R rated version. Oh, it could happen I suppose, if all the theater owner concerns can be ironed out (maybe they could install catheter kiosks next to the 3D glasses). .

Warner doesn't have absolute control over film distribution to theaters. Anyway, I suspect this won't happen this year.

My prediction would be that Zack's longer R rated cut will go direct to video and BD instead. (thumbs u

doh!

Traditionally, intermissions were used for road show engagements of noteworthy, monumental films in larger metropolitan theaters. These theaters had ushers (remember those) who made sure audiences found their original seats.

Most modern multiplex cinemas don't employ ushers, they barely have enough employees to handle tickets and concessions. Heck, for the extended cut theaters might have to hire on site counceling to console depressed filmgoers after three hours of ZS's dystopian world view.

Longer films mean fewer showings, another draw back to getting cinemas on board for an extended run of his R rated version. Oh, it could happen I suppose, if all the theater owner concerns can be ironed out (maybe they could install catheter kiosks next to the 3D glasses). .

Warner doesn't have absolute control over film distribution to theaters. Anyway, I suspect this won't happen this year.

My prediction would be that Zack's longer R rated cut will go direct to video and BD instead. (thumbs u

lol