• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

People are sharing they are not able to buy BVS Remastered because they are already sold out due to preorders. This is probably what WB wanted behind-the-scenes is hold back and see if consumers just purchase it.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
5 hours ago, D84 said:

Last time I checked, it wasn't on HBO Max yet.

Like you noted, I checked again and it is not there. WB! :frustrated:

I watched B v S Ultimate Edition on HBOmax yesterday, and it is still there now.  Is there an "ultimate ultimate" that supposed to be there instead? hm

21 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I watched B v S Ultimate Edition on HBOmax yesterday, and it is still there now.  Is there an "ultimate ultimate" that supposed to be there instead? hm

The remastered edition with updated color and some scenes in the IMAX aspect ratio. 

As Rip pointed out in the JL thread, some digital service platforms have quietly upgraded their copies of BVS Ultimate to the updated BVS Ultimate IMAX editions. I had purchased BVS on iTunes years ago and I just checked my digital copy today.  Despite iTunes not updating the description at all (still states widescreen) I can verify it’s the new version and perfect companion piece to ZSJL now. At no extra charge. 
By the way, for some reason I always thought that when widescreen was converted to the IMAX aspect ratio, you got more on the top and bottom and lost the left and right edge. That’s not really the case at all. You may get the black bars on the left and right on your widescreen HDTV but you are still getting a more complete picture in that squarish package.

100C277F-D658-47BC-8740-83CCA6B26F3C.png

F09554A4-4AD5-48F5-A028-85617BF8A71F.png

Slightly disappointed that the new remaster of BvS wasn’t completely in that IMAX ratio. I thought it would be like JL all the way through. The movie jumps from widescreen to squared for certain scenes and then back to widescreen. 

26 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Slightly disappointed that the new remaster of BvS wasn’t completely in that IMAX ratio. I thought it would be like JL all the way through. The movie jumps from widescreen to squared for certain scenes and then back to widescreen. 

I'm not a fan of changing aspect ratios. I'll give this a shot, but will probably watch my original 4k more often.

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

My understanding is that the scenes shown in the IMAX ratio were actually filmed using IMAX cameras.

My 4k showed up from Amazon today and I gave it a watch. The color doesn't seem that different from the previous disc and the IMAX sequences (there are 4) are not as obtrusive as I thought they'd be.

My only real issue is that out of the 4 IMAX sequences, the warehouse fight wasn't one of them.

The IMAX (4:3) stuff was:

• Opening funeral and murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne
  • The "Knigtmare" sequence
  • The Batman/Superman fight (the spear and "Martha" parts were 2.35:1)
  • Superman's Funeral

If you don't have it on 4k, I'd recommend it. If you have the previous 4k release, it will really depend on the aspect ratio switching bothering you.

They say the color was enhanced, but I really couldn't tell much difference, if any. In all honesty, that could have been my TV.

Edited by D84

5 hours ago, Oddball said:

I’ve complained about the movies title a few times, looks like the screenwriter hated the title too. Some interesting stuff here. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/04/chris-terrio-justice-league-batman-v-superman

Very interesting read, so much coming out after all these years of silence from people involved in these films.

I wonder what the other working titles were before the studio decided on ‘dawn of justice’ which I agree was not a good choice.

7 hours ago, Oddball said:

I’ve complained about the movies title a few times, looks like the screenwriter hated the title too. Some interesting stuff here. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/04/chris-terrio-justice-league-batman-v-superman

I have a feeling the 'money guy' that tried to tell him what Batman really is about was Jon Peters. I bet there was talk of polar bears and giant spiders too.

:facepalm:

44 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I'm honestly surprised by how much meddling there was in BvS. I didn't know that it was that bad before JL.

Think about it. With all the comedy Kevin Smith has touched on with Jon Peters owning the movie rights to Superman ( :whatthe: ), that's the clown show taking place behind the scenes.

When you have Christopher Nolan telling WB that Jon Peters is forbidden to even visit the Man of Steel set, things have to be really bad. And WB is not alone. Remember when the entire Sony hacked email situation happened, and it was revealed how much tampering occurred by the Sony CEO because he felt he had an eye for what people really want to see. So scenes had to be approved by him for Amazing Spider-Man 2.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Think about it. With all the comedy Kevin Smith has touched on with Jon Peters owning the movie rights to Superman ( :whatthe: ), that's the clown show taking place behind the scenes.

When you have Christopher Nolan telling WB that Jon Peters is forbidden to even visit the Man of Steel set, things have to be really bad. And WB is not alone. Remember when the entire Sony hacked email situation happened, and it was revealed how much tampering occurred by the Sony CEO because he felt he had an eye for what people really want to see. So scenes had to be approved by him for Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Is it just an ego thing or are these guys genuinely delirious about their own ability?