• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hey check this Cap #100 out..........

42 posts in this topic

no but someone else obviously does...so much in fact that they put 2 bids on it. Sometimes they think only the books they bid on or own are better than ones being sold/purchased by someone else.

It is a really nice copy of a book that is hard to find in truly high grade shape, but I agree it doesn't look like a 9.6. Just the chipping of the black would drop it to at least a 9.4. I have 9.4 books with back edges that look MUCH better than this book. Sharper corners, no chipping, no cracks...etc. Just goes to show that it isn't an exact science. I wish that grader would have done a few of my 9.4 books...they would have come out 9.8!

lol serious, get off my nuts. I won't ever be buying anything from you and you obviously have some sort of obsession about that. I hope you're planning to snipe from now on, cause any book you want to win..well it might just be getting bought..

Brian

btw, I'm not 100 percent positive that's Marvel chipping. It's similar though in a way. I've come across a few with tiny marks like that, it doesn't look enough like Marvel Chipping for me to think it is..but it could be..

Brian

Just the chipping of the black would drop it to at least a 9.4.

Not really, as this is classified as a production fault by CGC which they hardly downgrade at all. FYI most Captain America 100's and also quite a few of the late 60's Marvel number 1's have this fault, eg Iron Man & Sub-Mariner 1 shocked.gif

A CGC 9.6 looks about right IMO. So go for it Murph.

Borg

You're right Murph. This is NOT chipping, but a distractive serrated factory cut none-the-less. MANY Cap 100s have this serrated cut affecting ALL the pages. The covers AND the interior pages (and how it is allowable in 9.6 is always a mystery to me).

For a look at a CGC 9.4 Cap 100 that was as SEVERELY undergraded as the 9.6 was overgraded (and by the bidding on it, it's quite evident that most bidders on CGC books don't even look beyond the label at the book itself), take a look at my auction currently on Ebay (2155469805) and compare it to the "9.6" above. The 9.6 isn't even in the same league as the 9.4 in this case as far as absence of wear, factory defect, color, and overall quality.

cause any book you want to win..well it might just be getting bought..

and i am the one obsessed? what a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces u r. And jealous of a cap #100 in 9.6? ah no. Many other books of higher interest than that out there. Murph tends to talk alot (i.e. thousands of posts). But please bid away. Keep drivin up the prices.

That's nice to know. If I get outbid, I get outbid..you have a lot of experience being outbid as I can see..

At least my collection isn't up for grabs. You're wasting your time, go buy some more books to flip.

Brian

Well you'll have to keep waiting slick, cause I'm not at home. And I won't drive all the way there just so someone like yourself can take a look at a comic.

Not everyone flips books, at least not like you..constantly..there's probably nothing in your collection that isn't for sale.

Brian