• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

39 posts in this topic

That's what known on other sites ive been on as a hidden auction (a mislabeled, wrongly, or poorly described or listed auction) that gives the finder of the auction a better chance of getting the item at a good price. And posting hidden auctions is generally considered a big no no.

I did not consider the above, when I posted, but they are all heavely bidded and hundreds of dollars at the time of post. I am not running all over the internet with this. I posted it here so my friends and fellow collectors might have a chance to see some great art. If anyone wants me to delete this thread, pm me and I will.

That's what known on other sites ive been on as a hidden auction (a mislabeled, wrongly, or poorly described or listed auction) that gives the finder of the auction a better chance of getting the item at a good price. And posting hidden auctions is generally considered a big no no.

In this case, all of the auctions are listed in the comic art section of comic books. They aren't really hidden at all.

I did not consider the above, when I posted, but they are all heavely bidded and hundreds of dollars at the time of post. I am not running all over the internet with this. I posted it here so my friends and fellow collectors might have a chance to see some great art. If anyone wants me to delete this thread, pm me and I will.

Don't sweat it. I think it's great that you posted these. If anyone gets annoyed that's their problem.

Why the edit?

You linked to some auctions listed on eBay in the OA section. No secret there.

Even if the pages were listed in the automotive section, still on eBay.

I've had my eye on auctions I'd hoped would slip under the radar and then for whatever reason they get linked on some thread. Not what I wanted, but whatta ya gonna do (shrug)

I get that there are people that would otherwise like for it to undersell so they can nab a deal but... public auction, uncool to talk about publicly?

That settles it, no one is allowed to bid or even look during the next Heritage event. I want a deal too, and it's only proper etiquette, right?

hm

If you felt like sharing to the community, I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe it was someone's grail and this flew under their radar. If you wanted to point this out to us in hopes one of us sees it and can bid, that is fine by me.

This thread is silly. I assume this FF 213 splash is one of the "hidden" auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130992465515?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I have been watching this since it was listed.

I for one would like to institute the "dibs" system on all auctions. If you post it on this board that you want something at auction (and provide a link), you have "dibs" and no one else that reads the post is allowed to bid.

If you break the dibs system and do bid, you have cooties for life, no backsies.

I find all three of these auctions (2 different sellers) to be suspicious. Some similarities in their pictures and lack of general details. Along with the fact that both sellers have such a mixed bag of other items for sale. Too many red flags for me.