• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance Game.

158 posts in this topic

Hmm....maybe we need to categorize first appearances a little more:

• First visual-only appearance in an Advert e.g. TMNT in Gobbledygook #1
  • First prototype appearance e.g. "Monster Boy" for the Goon in Best Cellars #1
  • First visual-only appearance in a "Preliminary representation" e.g. Hellboy in Dime Press #4
  • First appearance in cameo e.g. Wolverine in The Incredible Hulk #180
  • First appearance with new name e.g. Miracleman in Miracleman #1
  • Probable first full appearance e.g. Sonic in Sonic The Hedgehog #1 Promo (Fall 1991)
  • First full appearance (short story) e.g. The Goon in Dreamwalker #0
  • First full appearance (long story) e.g. Wolverine in The Incredible Hulk #181
  • ...etc...

...maybe prototypes/preliminaries could have sub-categories depending on how similar they are to the eventual character

...maybe we need to calculate the number of panels in the appearance to calculate length (cameo, short, medium, full)

...maybe this should all feed into a weighting/value factor...

...maybe CGC should adopt the new categorizations and standardize their label text.

You could have something like:

"First visual-only appearance of "Z The Terrible" prototype level 2 (a.k.a "Y The Not so Terrible") in an small-sized advert hidden near the back of the comic"

Maybe I have taken this too far.... :D

Definitely the official first appearance is San Diego Comic Con Comics #2, and Dime Press just shows a Hellboy prototype on the cover, so if you are a die-hard completist you should have it, but it’s just the cover.

Since he is only on the cover, this is one of those books that makes for a great CGC candidate for ease of display.

:cloud9:

:makepoint:

How about the 1st purple-haired Psylocke (in black & white lol )? :cool:

If I recall correctly it should be this issue:

Ouch - Ouch - Ouch

lol

Miles Morales - Ultimate Comics Fallout #4

Gwen Stacy - Amazing Spiderman #31

Harry Osborn - Amazing Spiderman #31

Norman Osborn - Amazing Spiderman #37

Kaine (Current Scarlet SpiderI) - Web of Spider-man 119

And here comes the confusion...

Mary Jane Watson - Mentioned in ASM 15, Behind the Plant in ASM 25, Face it Tiger You Just Hit the Jackpack Last page intro ASM 42, 1st Full Appearance ASM 43.

I get a sense that buttHertz are being generated here...

But the first purple-haired Psylocke is really in black & white (she explains the fact to Brian, but the magazine is printed in B&W so you have got to trust Psylocke about the color of her hair). ;)

Mary Jane Watson - Mentioned in ASM 15, Behind the Plant in ASM 25, Face it Tiger You Just Hit the Jackpack Last page intro ASM 42, 1st Full Appearance ASM 43.

I was darn sure it was a Jackpot but I may be wrong… hm

I get a sense that buttHertz are being generated here...

But the first purple-haired Psylocke is really in black & white (she explains the fact to Brian, but the magazine is printed in B&W so you have got to trust Psylocke about the color of her hair). ;)

I was darn sure it was a Jackpot but I may be wrong… hm

The Jackpack was in the ASM 42 Variant.

The Doom Patrol - My Greatest Adventure #80

Ambush Bug - DC Comics Presents #52

Flaming Carrot actually first appeared in Visions #1 (1979) a magazine that came out of the Atlantic Fantasy Fair. And on that note the Mystery Men first appeared in Flaming Carrot #16 where they battled hordes of Hitler's cloned feet!