• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Bids

33 posts in this topic

I had been bidding on one book in the latest Heritage sale - the ToS 59 9.0 that I had a high bid of $350 on. I come back from lunch and find an outbid notice so I go to the link to find it is now $975! Amazing since a 9.2 on ebay only got bid to $600 the other night. I then check other books I am looking at and the bids have all doubled and tripled in the last few hours. I guess today was the day to bid at heritage. No one seems to wait for the last minute like a smart buyer would so as to not drive up the price. Maybe the coin nuts are on a comic book raid because anyone that would pay over $1000 for a Suspense 59 9.0 has some sort of disability! Anyone else notice that today?

I think it would be better to wait for the "crash" on early/key silver in 8.0 or better...and wait...and wait...and wait...ok, well, maybe one day?

Are these the shills?

Not really...it's more like "the revealing of the reserves." Every Heritage auction runs like this - all the books start out at $0 (or $1?), they are bid on (or not) for a little while, and then about 2 or 3 days before the auction ends they are all magically bumped up to the "reserve" price.

Completely agreed..what's up with Cap 100 9.4 for 750 dollars or ToS 59 9.0 for 1,200!!!! Whoever the consignor is there must think very highly of their books, must be that Conrad Eschenbergagoiueg guy tongue.gif

Brian

Conrad is OK on the Buying end. He pays well and immediately, bids aggressively, etc. His prices when selling reflect his aggressive buying tendencies. His starting bids are up there, sometimes appearing whimsical (as though he's trying NOT to sell them), but certainly no more-so than Dizney (PGC Mint) and others who pay at the top of the spectrum and ask top of the spectrum PLUS.

$1000+ for TOS 59's in 9.0 is quite a challenge though to the realm of believability. It's a look at pricing 5 years into the future.

That is what got my attention! That book is not that hard to find. I thought at best it would go for $400 or so - especially since the recent 9.2 did not reach double guide. Makes me think some wild thrill bidder is running amock! Or worse even! But for a book to go from $205 at approximately 11:00 am to almost $1000 at 1:00 pm with 2 days until the auction ends makes no sense. Anyone really after the book has to know the guide and would more than likely at least wait until the last hour of the sale - unless they were just really into handing out the benjamins! It seems as though something is afoot - as the Tick might say.