• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #181 what would you do ?

Batman 181 what to do  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Batman 181 what to do

33 posts in this topic

:applause:

Awesome, I knew that it wouldn't be the only one.

I wonder how many others there are, we should start a club lol

Sealed Bats 181 club :headbang:

Oooh! A club that would have me as a member?

hm

Maybe. Now, who would be President?

I'd really like to know how many of these things are out there. As you would be aware CGC cannot slab them, so the census is no use and completed eBay auctions data are, ummm, "uneven".

It is cool in the bag but I think I'd still bag it and board it so I could put it on display if it were mine.

As far as the bag it's in now, if it were going to do damage wouldn't it have affected the book by now? As long as it's stored properly I don't know if that would be an issue or not (I'm not a scientist nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night).

There are many fewer existing sealed bags than there are loose copies of 181. Even if the page quality of the comic inside the bag is slightly deteriorating over the next hundred years, it will still be one of the best copies that is still in its sealed bag. At this point I'd say these books are more interesting as an original artifact than any one of the titles individually. What would you feel about it if this bag had any other non-key comic instead of 181?

There are many fewer existing sealed bags than there are loose copies of 181. Even if the page quality of the comic inside the bag is slightly deteriorating over the next hundred years, it will still be one of the best copies that is still in its sealed bag. At this point I'd say these books are more interesting as an original artifact than any one of the titles individually. What would you feel about it if this bag had any other non-key comic instead of 181?

If it wasn't a 4 or even 5 figure key that someones actually cares about, then leave it in the bag, but it IS a key book. And not just a key book, but a very valuable key book. In this case, it's about preservation of a commodity. Everyone wants to dig up civil war relics to "preserve" them. Not so much random rocks. :grin:

Were talking about a 4 to 5 K book if it hits 9.6 right? 14k+ if it hits 9.8. And there's even an argument about leaving it in that cheap plastic bag. You guys are more purist than me...

I am not really too interested in the money side of this, it would however be nice to have in a HG slab, still not convinced, in the bag is cool too.

If it wasn't a 4 or even 5 figure key that someones actually cares about, then leave it in the bag, but it IS a key book. And not just a key book, but a very valuable key book. In this case, it's about preservation of a commodity. Everyone wants to dig up civil war relics to "preserve" them. Not so much random rocks. :grin:

Its a compelling arguement hm

How good is the bag for long term storage?

I would want to keep it in the bag, but would worry about it deteriorating. So I would carefully open the bag, take the comics out, re bag and board them and keep the original bag.

How good is the bag for long term storage?

I would want to keep it in the bag, but would worry about it deteriorating. So I would carefully open the bag, take the comics out, re bag and board them and keep the original bag.

That's what I would do. I'm thinking, and I'm not sure on this, but wouldn't the bag deteriorate and damage the comics over time?

I wouldn't take that chance, and I think it's exceptionally cooler left in the bag.