• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

586 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

I love how Firehair is taking that Indian off the Top Rope with a Chin Buster 1980's WWF Style. :insane:

image.png.99b2e250fc8a0376a72854e916ab1230.png

The red tongue sticking out always gave me an lol.

3 hours ago, cheetah said:

I like a lot of FH covers for a lot of reasons.  Often, it is just the quality of the copy and the brilliance of the colors.  A lot of the Church books have always stood out to me because of this.  My scans do not always live up to the book in hand so I remember the book for its brilliance but am underwhelmed by the scans I have left of it.  These are some of the ones that stand out to me from the titles I collected.  i intentionally didn't duplicate the ones others have shown.  Alan's have always been superior copies to anything I ever held.

Jumbo146.jpgJungle140.jpg

Jungle037.jpgFight11.jpg

Fight49_zpsfe0caed0.jpgFight79804x1280_zps9fc6b356.jpg

Rangers39.jpgRangers62.jpg

Wings61001.jpgWings87.jpg

Planet35.jpgPlanet39.jpg

Kaanga9_zps5afc76bf.jpg

That Fight 49 is in the ComicConnect auction right now. I had it for a while

I love that Jungle 140 :x

19 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Given the nature of that Machine gun job; I think she came grossly under prepared in the Jacket department... :insane:

Wings87.jpg

For comparison...

Wings61001.jpg

As my wife pointed out to me, it's far more important that her shoes match her holster.

20 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Given the nature of that Machine gun job; I think she came grossly under prepared in the Jacket department... :insane:

Wings87.jpg

For comparison...

Wings61001.jpg

I'm going to guess that one of those took a little longer to draw than the other.

13 hours ago, cheetah said:

I only heard about Jon passing away later.  I did not see the auction at all.  I should go back and look at the heritage magazine that covered it.  IIRC, he had the original cover art to Pkanet 1.

I don't want people to get the wrong idea here but Jon is still very much around, just with a much smaller comic collection.

17 hours ago, cheetah said:

That is beautiful.  I only heard about Jon passing away later.  I did not see the auction at all.  I should go back and look at the heritage magazine that covered it.  IIRC, he had the original cover art to Pkanet 1.

Yes, I believe the Planet 1 cover art sold for about $150k

43 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Seems like it should have gone for more.

$146,444.

A Ditko Spidey page from issue 6 sold for $105K so if there'd been a movie involving Flint Baker perhaps it would have gone for a lot more.  The original art forum did not give it a lot of love.

13 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Wow, this Planet run was truly incredible!

Issue 14 is the only book where I’ve done better, on every other issue, I’m far behind!

All of Jeff's collection was incredible.  His undercopies that I was fortunate enough to buy are stars in my collection.