• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Why do I get the feeling that the guy Gemma was with is the guy who was after her. He didn't want her to find the astronaut mass grave because he killed them and did not want her to leave . just a thought.

While I don't disagree that it's possible & would be interesting, how does he get from being right next to her to into the astronaut suit in front of her almost instantly? I don't think that's believable for him to have set it up or to have been able to predict when that storm was going to hit for him to set up the space suit ahead of time.

Why do I get the feeling that the guy Gemma was with is the guy who was after her. He didn't want her to find the astronaut mass grave because he killed them and did not want her to leave . just a thought.

While I don't disagree that it's possible & would be interesting, how does he get from being right next to her to into the astronaut suit in front of her almost instantly? I don't think that's believable for him to have set it up or to have been able to predict when that storm was going to hit for him to set up the space suit ahead of time.

What/why was he shooting? Why did he insist that she run/go?

What/why was he shooting? Why did he insist that she run/go?

He was (presumably) shooting at the astronaut suited being that showed up in the sandstorm that he insisted wasn't what she thought it was or something like that. I believe we were supposed to assume that it was the same as the cloaked being that we saw earlier in the episode when Gemma was in the boneyard and the sandstorm hit. But he only had 1 bullet & I guess he figured it was worth a shot (no pun intended).

And he was telling Gemma to run pretty much anywhere away from it, because he believed that it was either the cause of the insanity of his crew or was coming to kill them.

Maybe, maybe not. We can only assume based on first seeing it in the boneyard, looking menacing, with a bunch of skeletons around. So either keep them there to starve to death or kill them, the result is the same. One's just longer death than the other.

Edited by Doktor

I dont think he wanted Gemma to see the bone yard. He was on that planet when the Astronauts showed up and killed them or something like that. He does not want Gemma to know what he did and leave.

Wait, are you talking about the cloaked guy in the Boneyard (and presumably the astronaut suit covered with vines that showed up in the sandstorm at the end of the episode)? Or are you talking about the dude she was holed up with?

I don't think it's even possible that they're the same. Unless he's basically faster than light to get from being right behind Gemma when the sandstorm started and into the space suit but not suddenly in front of Gemma in a matter of seconds.

And when she was in the Boneyard & saw the cloaked guy coming towards her, it would have required astronaut Will to be able to somehow run past her without being seen, dump the cloak, and get in front of her again in a matter of seconds while she runs in flat-out sprint in a straight line back to their hideout. And be there with enough time to spare to be yelling for her when she's yelling as well & be prepared to get the door open.

I mean, it's conceivable, but it's unlikely IMO. I think you'd have seen some sort of glimpse that he's not who he says he is or Gemma would have figured out he was lying when it's unlikely he would have known how the NASA instruments work if he wasn't an astronaut sent by NASA like he claimed.

Sure, the cloaked guy, the space suit being & Will might all be the same being, but in the same way that the one theory of physics has it's 1 electron theory. It's conceivable, but unlikely.

I don't think it's even possible that they're the same. Unless he's basically faster than light to get from being right behind Gemma when the sandstorm started and into the space suit but not suddenly in front of Gemma in a matter of seconds.

And when she was in the Boneyard & saw the cloaked guy coming towards her, it would have required astronaut Will to be able to somehow run past her without being seen, dump the cloak, and get in front of her again in a matter of seconds while she runs in flat-out sprint in a straight line back to their hideout. And be there with enough time to spare to be yelling for her when she's yelling as well & be prepared to get the door open.

I mean, it's conceivable, but it's unlikely IMO. I think you'd have seen some sort of glimpse that he's not who he says he is or Gemma would have figured out he was lying when it's unlikely he would have known how the NASA instruments work if he wasn't an astronaut sent by NASA like he claimed.

Sure, the cloaked guy, the space suit being & Will might all be the same being, but in the same way that the one theory of physics has it's 1 electron theory. It's conceivable, but unlikely.

I agree, I don't think its likely, unless there's some sort of illusionary power on display (like Loki), or they're the same person but from different dimensions (or ages, like time travel).

Maybe it's a Forbidden Planet/Tempest thing. Will is conjuring up all of this terror from his own subconscious... hm

anyone else think lash is andrew?

also the teaser showed gemma calling the other world Hel, still holding on to my niffleheim theory.

I also think, cause it would be the lamest of all possible scenarios, that she has a "love interest" left behind there.

aka, me from before it aired ;)

Yup, you called it.

Two for three. :)

Rosalind worked for NASA previously, likely is tied to the group that sent the astronaut through.

Prior to all of his "courtship" Phil mentioned about learning to separate out your humanity. I think the teasers and the setup make it look like Rosalind is playing Phil, but I think he's been on to her all along, and waiting for her to make a move.

The twist will be that she didnt trick him,

The reveal will be that she is connected to the monolith.

Rosalind worked for NASA previously, likely is tied to the group that sent the astronaut through.

Prior to all of his "courtship" Phil mentioned about learning to separate out your humanity. I think the teasers and the setup make it look like Rosalind is playing Phil, but I think he's been on to her all along, and waiting for her to make a move.

The twist will be that she didnt trick him,

The reveal will be that she is connected to the monolith.

I agree, I think he "Honeyd***ed" her while she was trying to honeypot him. He's an actual spy, while she's more of an administrator (or is she?).