• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first ugly experience with Ebay's Global Shipping

28 posts in this topic

The way to get around the Global Shipping program is for the buyer to "request total" after the auction's end (go to the won auction's drop-down, request total). That will cancel out the GSP, and the buyer can send you a new invoice and send to you directly. Not all sellers offer this though, so I would send a message first.

Thanks for this info!! I had a buyer In Australia who bought 7 books and he was getting charged shipping for each individual package, it was ridiculous.

I opted out of this program via the account site preferences in my eBay seller account a long time ago and continue international shipping with no issues.

+1 opt out in account preferences and it wont show up or automatically select itself when you list.

You need to check your settings periodically because ebay changes your settings without letting you know, quite frequently. And not just GSP. Check for auto enrollment in "Mangled Returns" and your buyer limits/exclusions (2 UPI strikes in 12 months, no PP account, etc.)

+1

I was looking back through my blocked bidder list and saw 3 bidders blocked for Unpaid items. Apparently at some point that got checked and so I lost those sales and likely they will never visit my ebay store again.

I was torqued. Especially when there was no way to globally change all my auctions for the appropriate settings. I made the ebay CS rep stay on the phone and search through 53 listings to find about 10 that were set wrong. I fixed em while he went through the listings.

I would be curious to see if the Global Shipping BS has decreased bidder activity, if I see a book with the global shipping info I ignore that auction and move onto the next one. In the past I've gotten books that were declared over $100 value and have gotten the package with no duty or taxes applied, most likely 1 in 10 would have some customs fee. I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba BTW