• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: Spider-Man Edition Take 2

81 posts in this topic

SpidermanLitho4Panelbig_zpsfe0db953.jpg

Who owns the Best Spider-man CGC SS Sketch around? You decide!

:rulez:

1) the sketch must contain Spider-Man

2) CGC SS Only. Any sketches currently en route to or presently at CGC for CGC SS are also acceptable.

3) If you know of a sketch that you think is the best nominate it. One nomination per owner. Owner with multiple sketches nominated must pick only one sketch to be voted on.

4) When nominating, please include artist name and owner's board name. Any sketch w/o all this info will not be eligible. Also having the CGC label visible does not negate this; as not all labels are readable. Recommend way to present the sketch is:

Owner: Joe Cool

Artist: Cooler Joe

photo Amazing_Spiderman_Issue_648_Sketch_Butler_Sonic_zps3a4d741b.jpg

5) Round 1: All nominated Sketches will be voted on in a Poll. Then the Top 2 will face off. The winner will be declared the Best of the Best Spider-Man CGC SS Sketch!

6) Tie Breaks: In the event of a tie for the second spot in the Finals, a 48 hour sudden death round between the tied sketches will be implemented. In the event of a tie at the end of the finals, a 24 hour sudden death poll will be implemented.

7) One Month after being declared the winner, A sketch may challenge for the title. The new challenger(s) must be nominated by 3 board members. In the event of multiple challengers wanting to take on the champ, they will first compete against each other in a battle royal. The winner of the battle royal will then get a title shot at the existing champ.

8) What makes the best sketch is up to the voter: Best Art, Artists, Grade …

9) In Team categories only, collages/multibook murals composing are single overall sketch are now eligible to compete.

10) Reigning champions can compete in any category for which they are eligible.

11) The winner decides the next category. Their cover will also represent the CGC Best of the Best as the Facebook Profile picture until the next category is complete.

a) A category can be something simple as Best of the Best %character% or %artist%; or something as complex as Best of the Best Blue Pants (character must be wearing blue pants lol ).

b) It can be as narrow or broad as the winner wants. Let your imagination run wild.

c) If it is so narrow that only one book can compete, the winner must pick a new category. If no new category can be picked, a new one will be selected based on a public poll.

The Winner gets Bragging Rights and will decide the next category!

Remember this is for fun and to showcase your art. So lets keep it that way and check the drama at the door.

Since we had the previous Best of the Best Champ sold off we are reopening this contest. Anyone is welcome to play. Even if your sketch was previously posted in the old Spider-Man Best of the Best Thread.

Now am I able to put one of mne up here even though I presented another's Spider-man? I figure I'm just trying to give us a good turn-out and honestly I love going through these and seeing the quality of sketchs on these BoB's. If I can put up one of my own:

Owner: Me

Artist: Sam De La Rosa

Looking to pick this Set up, get inked and then add some color at Wizard World Austin next month... Should have a better picture once in person.

Venom.jpg