• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Marvel Value Stamp club
4 4

246 posts in this topic

Grats!

As hard as it is to find a completed booklet, it took me years to find my mint never used booklet for my collection.

I can imagine. I had one back when they were issued but I was so anal even then about cutting up a comic that I gave it to a friend of mine. I never clipped one stamp.

I can say I have never clipped a stamp either. (thumbs u

I still have a handful of loose stamps. Maybe 20-30

I hung on to mine also-- from both series (ugh) If someone needs a Galactus-- let me know.

it did come in handy when I was going through and regrading my books using the MVS list and the stamps I had to find out which books I must have taken them from. I made sure to note the missing and present stamps with a post it on the back of the backing board in each bag. Also in the notes section on the online site I used to inventory.

And the worse part of this is in some cases you were removing a stamp that had actual story on the other side. Not sure if it was me or someone I traded books with but I have numerous MVS missing books where the stamp was ripped out leaving an ugly mess behind, others are neatly clipped out. Not sure if it mattered but I noted that too. Might as well be completely honest about such a stupid move with myself and anyone perusing my books someday.

Ok so if i understand right. There are 100 different stamps in around 311 books which means the same stamp was sometimes in more then one book correct?

Is the stamp from hulk 181 in any other books. I have always wondered why it is so often missing.

James G

Ok so if i understand right. There are 100 different stamps in around 311 books which means the same stamp was sometimes in more then one book correct?

Is the stamp from hulk 181 in any other books. I have always wondered why it is so often missing.

James G

probably because it was the first time the Shanna stamp appeared and when kids were buying books and clipping stamps "Hulk #181" meant nothing.

James G

Astonishing Tales #23, April 1974, p.31.*

Incredible Hulk #181, November 1974.

Man-Thing #13, January 1975, p.19.*

Info from this website --> Linky dinky

A picture is listed here --> Yo

That's a butt ugly poster. Why not a Third Eye poster after buying and ruining all those comics.

that Spidey poster would be sort of rare/scarce? I have NEVER seen one for sale. Why would Marvel sell a poster made in the UK?

It is impossibly rare. I have never seen one for sale in 10 years.

And I agree, it is awfully ugly.

That's a butt ugly poster. Why not a Third Eye poster after buying and ruining all those comics.

that Spidey poster would be sort of rare/scarce? I have NEVER seen one for sale. Why would Marvel sell a poster made in the UK?

Yeah I had never seen it before. Is that the Electric Company Spidey? Not sure when he was on the show but know it was at least the mid 70s, maybe earlier.

Yeah I had never seen it before. Is that the Electric Company Spidey? Not sure when he was on the show but know it was at least the mid 70s, maybe earlier.

is a drawing in color of the Spiderman costume used in the TV show from 1977. The Electric Co. costume had different eyes.

is a drawing in color of the Spiderman costume used in the TV show from 1977. The Electric Co. costume had different eyes.

Thanks - I thought of the TV show but knew it was later.

Still ugly and I would still love to have one in my collection lol