• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade HULK #3

13 posts in this topic

2.5. I don't think it could be pressed to an 8 sans rip. You have a folded LRC on the FC, a CB crease on the bottom right edge of the FC, There appears to be a small piece missing from the back of the lower edge of the BC, and the top edge of the BC. Pressing would get rid of most of the creases, you're right, they aren't CB. I think hypothetically you'd be looking at 6.5/7 max

2.5. I don't think it could be pressed to an 8 sans rip. You have a folded LRC on the FC, a CB crease on the bottom right edge of the FC, There appears to be a small piece missing from the back of the lower edge of the BC, and the top edge of the BC. Pressing would get rid of most of the creases, you're right, they aren't CB. I think hypothetically you'd be looking at 6.5/7 max

+1

The crease on the bottom of the front cover and small tears on the back cover alone will keep it out of the 8.0 range.

The tear is too bad but I would have to agree with the book being in the 2.5 range.

I was under the impression that the highest grade you can get with a tear is 5.5 (shrug)

Depends on the tear. If it's a bindery tear that is production related you can get into pretty high grades. If it is a hidden defect, maybe a small tear on an interior page, can go go above 5.5. As much as I tell myself CGC follows OSPG rules, they don't. Perhaps as a guideline, but. 9.0 according to OSPG rules should have no soiling, spine ticks/stresses, etc. I have seen CGC graded books at 9.4 with a spine tick, so go figure.