• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Witchblade #93 - Qualified vs. Universal Grades posted by 109

4 posts in this topic

Witchblade #93 Wizard World Los Angeles 2006 Exclusive Comic

I had this Witchblade #93 Wizard World Los Angeles 2006 Exclusive comic graded a couple of years ago and it received a 9.8. This was a limited edition #212 out of 250 copies. Like so many of these numbered limited editions, it received a handwritten number "212" on the front cover. This comic received a Qualified grade due to the "212" being written on it. I have had other Witchblade special edition comics with handwritten numbers on the front of them, but they received a CGC Universal grade. Is this because different CGC Grader's look at it in a different way? I think if the complete edition all receives a handwritten number, it should be a Universal grade. These comics are designed to have the handwritten number applied to them. Tell me what you think. Below is a picture of the comic. This Witchblade #93 has Marc Silvestri cover art and is a beautiful piece of art. Thanks for looking.

14376.jpg

See more journals by 109

I understand this is supposed to be a limited edition comic with only 250 copies in print, but I don't understand why the need to number them. Sadly someone chose to write "212" on the cover... that was unnecessary in my opinion and forced a green label.

Maybe you could petition CGC for a blue label.

Still a very nice comic though.

SW3D