• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see your ROBOT covers!
5 5

344 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, telerites said:

Damn you - Fantastic #5 - love it. great books.

Did you mean Lou Fine's 'Fantastic Comics' #3? I bumbled and stumbled upon it at my LCS about 28 years ago. It was in his cereal box collection meaning the better vintage raw comics were in the box to protect the corners rather than in his bin stock. Think I paid an aggressive $20 for it right before the Big Fish advertised that he was buying every raw copy he could to stockpile:

h2GM0JQ.jpg

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Did you mean Lou Fine's 'Fantastic Comics' #3? I bumbled and stumbled upon it at my LCS about 28 years ago. It was in his cereal box collection meaning the better vintage raw comics were in the box to protect the corners rather than in his bin stock. Think I paid an aggressive $20 for it right before the Big Fish advertised that he was buying every raw copy he could to stockpile:

Just making me feel worse lol

I first saw it in either Gerber's or the Lou Fine Treasury. I had gotten out of comics for most of the 80s and 90s.  I started collecting GA seriously when I got back in.  Alan Light's Ray and Black Condor reprints hooked me and Fine has been my favorite GA artist since.  Before getting out I had picked up some GA but I was mostly a SA collector.  

Awesome story.  Thanks for sharing.

Shared this one before but one of my obscure favorites.  Wanted one since I saw it on GCD, took forever for one to show up, if I remember correctly,  made an offer on this low grader thinking I can up grade later, but since then, no such luck.

I've grown fond of this copy and am glad to own it. 

20190911_132257.jpg

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Shared this one before but one of my obscure favorites.  Wanted one since I saw it on GCD, took forever for one to show up, if I remember correctly,  made an offer on this low grader thinking I can up grade later, but since then, no such luck.

I've grown fond of this copy and am glad to own it. 

20190911_132257.jpg

Wow, cool! New one to me. The beauty of a book like this is that it is so affordable. With the pack chasing all the hot stuff, stuff like this sits in boxes un-discovered. And try to find one...