• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, Gem_Mint said:

You have Nearmint's unboxing, now here Gem Mint's:

Enjoy!

Gem Mint, 

I have to say I really enjoyed your live show the other night.  I didn't watch it live, but I watched it this morning and I thought you at Melvin did a great job.  Felt very chill like a couple pals hanging out talking about comics.  I'll try to catch one live if I can.

Edited by Sludgesicle Man

Near Mint and Gem Mint did a great job, but I'm personally waiting on the reviews from Thin Mint and Franklin Mint before I make a decision.

What do you guys think about Sideshow's upcoming Captain America and Black Widow?

marvel-captain-america-and-black-widow-p

I wish they made Black Widow's facial sculpture look closer to that artwork. I need a Captain America and Black Widow but I'm leaning Hot Toys now unless Prime 1 Studio makes an attempt.

1 hour ago, GeneticNinja said:

What do you guys think about Sideshow's upcoming Captain America and Black Widow?

marvel-captain-america-and-black-widow-p

I wish they made Black Widow's facial sculpture look closer to that artwork. I need a Captain America and Black Widow but I'm leaning Hot Toys now unless Prime 1 Studio makes an attempt.

You might like the exclusive portrait...

F3_E5_D672_10_EE_4594_946_C_92277_A64_A2

On 2018-01-31 at 4:14 PM, nearmint said:

I put together a slideshow of the pics released today of Sideshow's new Superman Premium Format.   Preorders begin tomorrow!

There are a lot of things I like about this one, but there’s is just something off about the face that I can’t quite put my finger on.

I really think they need to make a statue where he’s at least kind of happy. He always scowling but he’s actually a light hearted superhero most of the time. I’d like a statue that shows that.

Edited by quadman78

On 2/1/2018 at 10:48 PM, nearmint said:

You might like the exclusive portrait...

F3_E5_D672_10_EE_4594_946_C_92277_A64_A2

Sigh, another statue to add to the pre order list. Sideshow has just been absolutely killing me the last couple of years. I had 3 times as many pre orders in 2016 than I have ever had at one time before. And just when I finally get back down to a low number, Sideshow releases a whole slew of statues I just can't say no too. This is so much nicer than the last Black Widow!! Then again, Sideshow has raised their game considerably the last couple years. So glad I passed on that last Widow. 

And I can't wait to receive my Thanos EX. That statue just looks EPIC!! Might be time to cash in some reward points. And as much as I like the new Superman and Wonder Woman, which I already have pre ordered, I am disappointed that Sideshow couldn't finish the original 7 Justice League before releasing a new Superman and Wonder Woman, although I absolutely love the new Wonder Woman. Finishing the original 7 Justice League was one of my main goals when I started collecting statues again. All they needed was Flash and Martian Manhunter. That's one area where Sideshow still needs some major improvement, thier ability to complete lines. Still no Drax for Guardians of the Galaxy and still no Flash and Martian Manhunter for the original 7 JL. 

I am also finally about to send out my 2nd Harbottle Red Sonja statue to get repainted. I am getting it painted in a monochrome style with just the red color. Here is a quick mock up I did awhile back. 

5a76c310a7870_SonjaMonochrome2_zpshxnnrnlm.thumb.jpg.479bd67c05a8210342e9af7e9deca5d3.jpg

I am really hoping this piece comes out really nice.

Edited by OrangeCrush

On 2/1/2018 at 9:47 PM, MDR123 said:

Caved and pre-ordered the Superman (Reborn suit) Premium from Sideshow today. Got the Exclusive one as well. Also grabbed this bad boy a few weeks back : 

dc-comics-superman-maquette-tweeterhead-903305-09.jpg

Is it July and December yet? 

I will never understand why people don't always order the EX, even if they don't really care for a particular statues EX.  It makes them more valuable and much easier to sell if you ever decide to do so. Even with Sideshow now charging a little bit extra for EX's, I still would never order anything but the EX. The difference in value between the EX and regular with some statues is SIGNIFICANT to say the least. I prefer swap out portraits myself.