• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

Just placed 3 new pre-orders from Sideshow. 

Kier: Death’s Warbringer

court-of-the-dead-kier-deathswarbringer-premium-format-figure-sideshow-feature-300550-1.thumb.jpg.8c47c2a7d858749a3d0a1b351fee4b01.jpg

Gallevarbe: Eyes of the Queen

court-of-the-dead-gallevarbe-eyes-of-the-queen-premium-format-figure-sideshow-feature-300655-1.thumb.jpg.9c2e40f84c874f1c909912dc4ec4195d.jpg

And finally ordered Lady Deadpool. Have been resisting ordering that piece as the price is like $100 more thanI like to spend on 1:4 statues, but I absolutely love the statue, especially with the unmasked portrait. IMO, its one of the best portraits I have seen from Sideshow the last couple years running. 

marvel-lady-deadpool-premium-format-figure-3005461-03.thumb.jpg.4f2f191e372eaf58ea085ac256b5df6c.jpg

marvel-lady-deadpool-premium-format-figure-3005461-02.jpg.7584b07468441e4cba56f24193b7087b.jpg

Edited by OrangeCrush

I just decided to get a cabinet for the non-PVC statues yesterday & then consolidated them all into this cabinet. I don't have a big collection but I like what I have. I sorta keep them all segregated tho. General bigger PVC on the bookshelf in the living room. Cheap ArtFX+ stuff in the nerd room on top of the comic filing cabinets. And now the porcelain/ceramic ones in this glass cabinet.

IMG_2145.thumb.JPG.31f2fbf49dd9ec1ae3eb938cb5b9cb15.JPGIMG_2092.thumb.jpg.6fa5b6787ed5dd930d1250d5edd2c8e7.jpgIMG_2080.thumb.jpg.dfbd3f697774890525ef4305bcdbc6c2.jpg

No. There's space for 3 shelves (plus the bottom. 4 total "display" levels) and they rest on the soldered metal bars that go front-to-back across the side as support. You can elect to NOT place a shelf (I did that with the middle shelf so that Emma could fit there) but you can't adjust it to a different level. It's either don't use the shelf or use the shelves exactly as designed. I guess that you could theoretically cut the weld & raise the bar it to a different height by tac-welding it there, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you really know your way around a welder & doing metal work.

13 minutes ago, Doktor said:

No. There's space for 3 shelves (plus the bottom. 4 total "display" levels) and they rest on the soldered metal bars that go front-to-back across the side as support. You can elect to NOT place a shelf (I did that with the middle shelf so that Emma could fit there) but you can't adjust it to a different level. It's either don't use the shelf or use the shelves exactly as designed. I guess that you could theoretically cut the weld & raise the bar it to a different height by tac-welding it there, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you really know your way around a welder & doing metal work.

Thank you. I was hoping it was adjustable and hardware accessory was available for adding shelving. I then would have asked you for info on the manufacturer, because I have been looking for something like this and the height especially for a while.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Thank you. I was hoping it was adjustable and hardware accessory was available for adding shelving. I then would have asked you for info on the manufacturer, because I have been looking for something like this and the height especially for a while.

Someone MIGHT make an attachment that allows for adjustment of the shelves. I know that it would be possible. But I don't know if anyone DOES make an adjustment kit. But as it stands, the only options are using a shelf, not using a shelf, or doing some welding.

2 hours ago, Sludgesicle Man said:

I'm still waiting on the perfect Deathstroke statue.   After that terrible 1/4 scale from sideshow my money is on Tweeterhead whenever they get around to it.  

I dig the larger statues but not sure where I would put them

15 hours ago, Sludgesicle Man said:

I'm still waiting on the perfect Deathstroke statue.   After that terrible 1/4 scale from sideshow my money is on Tweeterhead whenever they get around to it.  

That SS 1/4 piece was a real headscratcher. Finally make a 1/4 Deathstroke, and THAT was the costume they chose??? Ugh.

19 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I just watched some reviews. It was an odd choice. It seems to be hit or miss about half the time on his costume.

If they'd gone with the classic Perez costume, it would have been a day one preorder for me. As it is, I'll probably skip it.

On 4/9/2018 at 5:13 PM, Sludgesicle Man said:

I thought a lot of people liked the Deathstroke from either Prime 1 Studio or XM Studio. I can't remember which but I think it was released a year or so ago.