• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, wombat said:

What Conan statue is that?

It's actually a King Conan hour of the dragon McFarlane action figure. It presents really well for a figure. Goes nice with my King Conan book. Nice homage to the end scene of the Conan movie. Here is a better picture.

IMG_3522.JPG

Sideshow Collectibles seems to be revisiting a bunch of DC and X-Men characters this year. They have a few teaser images going around. Some characters like that first Supergirl should never have been released. But they are trying Supergirl again and so far the statue still doesn't seem to be a complete hit. Their Green Arrow looks pretty good as does the John Stewart Green Lantern tease.

4.jpg

1125x682_previewbanner_GLPF.jpg

Another possible Emma Frost along with a bunch of other female X-Men. I thought they were going to release Astonishing X-Men Premium Formats after that one Colossus version but that didn't happen. Still they haven't released a good modern Emma so high hopes for that one. They better not mess up Rogue again with the original's screwy eyes and paint job. I'm hoping for some good statues from this news but if not XM Studio seems to be getting their X-Men stuff going again. The Cyclops concept looks really good.

7 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Sideshow Collectibles seems to be revisiting a bunch of DC and X-Men characters this year. They have a few teaser images going around. Some characters like that first Supergirl should never have been released. But they are trying Supergirl again and so far the statue still doesn't seem to be a complete hit. Their Green Arrow looks pretty good as does the John Stewart Green Lantern tease.

4.jpg

1125x682_previewbanner_GLPF.jpg

Another possible Emma Frost along with a bunch of other female X-Men. I thought they were going to release Astonishing X-Men Premium Formats after that one Colossus version but that didn't happen. Still they haven't released a good modern Emma so high hopes for that one. They better not mess up Rogue again with the original's screwy eyes and paint job. I'm hoping for some good statues from this news but if not XM Studio seems to be getting their X-Men stuff going again. The Cyclops concept looks really good.

Oooh, those look terrific. So excited by the idea that Sideshow may once again release a PF that isn't Bats/Supes/WW/Harley. They used to produce such a variety but that seems to have fallen by the wayside in favor of the big sellers, so this is pretty great. Ollie looks terrific. I'll be voting with my wallet and supporting these choices!

On 5/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, F For Fake said:

Oooh, those look terrific. So excited by the idea that Sideshow may once again release a PF that isn't Bats/Supes/WW/Harley. They used to produce such a variety but that seems to have fallen by the wayside in favor of the big sellers, so this is pretty great. Ollie looks terrific. I'll be voting with my wallet and supporting these choices!

So true. When I first found out about Sideshow Collectibles I looked forward every week to what new statues they would have for a variety of characters even if I wasn't purchasing them. I even got a few of their books for coffee table display. But I haven't been excited about a statue from them in a long time. I look to the overseas statue and figure companies these days. Still that sculptor that works on a few nice female statues seems to be leading up the X-Men female line. And eventually more people will vote with their wallets and those high editions of so so statues will continue to sit in Sideshow's warehouse. They should at least drop the scale to 1/5 and pricing so they can make lesser or more niche characters. The Masters of the Universe and Thundercats (minus Lion-O) lines seem to be good examples. The smaller Avengers line looks pretty good too.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:55 AM, kdoginohio said:

the new Poison Ivy from Prime 1 is purdy.:luhv:

And expensive. I think they only got Batman to look like Jim Lee artwork so far. But I'm still looking to see what Catwoman, Huntress, and Nightwing look like.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:55 AM, kdoginohio said:

the new Poison Ivy from Prime 1 is purdy.:luhv:

Yeah, I haven't bit on any of the Prime stuff so far because they're so expensive and so enormous, but this may be my first. I was already giving Catwoman some thought. I may need them both.

Sideshow's new Poison Ivy looks...ok. But next to the Prime 1, it definitely suffers in comparison.

Edited by F For Fake

On 5/25/2018 at 7:33 AM, F For Fake said:

Sideshow's new Poison Ivy looks...ok. But next to the Prime 1, it definitely suffers in comparison.

I think we will be able to say that about a lot of the coming Sideshow statues compared to XM Studios and Prime 1. Someone on the Statue Forum found pictures of Sideshow's new Mystique. Something is weird about her face. Perhaps it's slightly masculine? But people are saying there will be a long hair version which could save it. I guess similar to how people liked the long hair Black Widow over the short hair. I'm not crazy about the design of her guns either but I do like her boots and costume. Paint job looks great too. But I expected more of a hit from the first in this new X-Men line. I don't think Mystique is as good as their Dark Phoenix.

66750429619721579578.jpg

73137206827446426980.jpg

47990006571215792698.jpg

40512323076980122322.jpg

Also speaking about XM Studios, they showed this Wonder Woman 1/6 scale. So far equal if not a bit better than Sideshow's recent Wonder Woman.

33922791_2053042258249796_73189442603324

Edited by GeneticNinja

5 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I think we will be able to say that about a lot of the coming Sideshow statues compared to XM Studios and Prime 1. Someone on the Statue Forum found pictures of Sideshow's new Mystique. Something is weird about her face. Perhaps it's slightly masculine? But people are saying there will be a long hair version which could save it. I guess similar to how people liked the long hair Black Widow over the short hair. I'm not crazy about the design of her guns either but I do like her boots and costume. Paint job looks great too. But I expected more of a hit from the first in this new X-Men line. I don't think Mystique is as good as their Dark Phoenix.

66750429619721579578.jpg

73137206827446426980.jpg

47990006571215792698.jpg

40512323076980122322.jpg

Also speaking about XM Studios, they showed this Wonder Woman 1/6 scale. So far equal if not a bit better than Sideshow's recent Wonder Woman.

33922791_2053042258249796_73189442603324

Yikes, yeah, not loving that Mystique at all.

12 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

Really? I was just thinking how the movie version should be more like this and not all scaly-like.

Oh, I like this VERSION of Mystique, as in this is my preferred outfit/look/costume, whatever. I don't dig the scaly movie version at all. But I just don't particularly care for this sculpt. The face isn't doing it for me.

PS: And that may be nitpicky, but considering that these things are running $500-$600 a pop these days, you have to be nitpicky. If a statue isn't pretty much perfect, I don't buy it. Not enough cash and display space around to pick up pieces I'm not totally in love with.

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

PS: And that may be nitpicky, but considering that these things are running $500-$600 a pop these days, you have to be nitpicky. If a statue isn't pretty much perfect, I don't buy it. Not enough cash and display space around to pick up pieces I'm not totally in love with.

Same here. I had been looking forward to their Magneto and when I saw it, I thought it was ok. Then I looked at the price and $750 is too much for me to spend on just "ok". And with all the players in the market these days, it seems that if you don't like what's there now, just wait and either they'll put out another, or someone else will.

11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

point taken. I've passed on plenty of stuff for just the same reasons.