• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, g-man said:

picked this up with the ebay coupon....nice! 

cw.jpg

Nice! I missed that one when it was out, and haven't felt like paying the secondary market prices for it since. Glad you got a deal!

Sideshow messed up again. They changed Psylocke's facial sculpt.

SDCC

AA5_C8_F54_1_C28_4114_BB85_26_B9264_BFE2

Now
preview-full-EX-02-300689-Psylocke-PF_dr

It went from a statue that I was definitely going to buy and maybe even early pre-order depending on the exclusive. And turned it into a most likely no buy at all if the wording on their blog is correct.

I thought Sideshow was past this nonsense too. That when they showed stuff on their site with official release images and at SDCC, that is what we are going to get or at least close to it. Many times people have complained about statues and Sideshow did nothing. Now they decide to change Psylocke. But I was set on what they already showed. What about the laziness of Rogue and her exact same portrait for the exclusive besides the change of hair. That's the sculpt they needed to change. But no, they changed Psylocke and in that picture it looks like a sculpt that is now too small and narrow for her body with a facial sculpt that is just ok I guess. We'll see more pictures next week but for the price Sideshow will charge they need to include both the SDCC sculpt and this new one. Emma Frost has two head sculpts. They can make that happen for Psylocke. If not, I'll vote with my wallet and wait for the eventual XM Studio version.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:47 PM, g-man said:

picked this up with the ebay coupon....nice! 

cw.jpg

I thought about getting the cheaper option myself.

IMG_3798.jpg

Apparently the sculptors at Sideshow these days are fans of, uh, "handsome" women. Hey, whatever turns your crank, Sideshow!

Sideshow just saved me $585 + shipping on Psylocke if not more money. Someone on the SF pointed out the joke of Psylocke's pricing when both Wolverine and Emma have alternate facial sculpts and they are cheaper. Crazy stuff. But Sideshow had me at SDCC. If I didn't see the SDCC version I would have thought this Psylocke is just ok. Maybe a purchase when released. But knowing what I wanted to get, I can't give Sideshow money for this sculpt. I don't see the new facial sculpt going with the body as well as the original portrait. It's just not completely what I wanted. This was a beautiful statue.

Thus, their whole new X-Men line is for the most part a complete miss for me. I would have used some of Psylocke's points on Emma. I still don't like the base. But I would have tried to get Emma, yet now I probably won't. I was never going to get X-23 as I think the custom that I posted is better. XM Studios will now most likely make a better Psylocke when they get around to it. Sideshow's Wolverine is ok. But that custom that goes with X-23 and XM's is a bit better. Plus XM Studio's new brown costume Wolverine looks really good.

XM Studio Magneto is a classic grail statue and their Mystique looks a lot better than Sideshow's. And lastly Sideshow's Rogue could have been a grail piece but they just didn't try harder with the exclusive and base. I really think Sideshow is playing penny pincher, committee group decision making, and follow the leader with their stuff where other companies are making more artistic statues.

And now because of this fiasco, I'll never get excited about anymore statues from Sideshow until they are released. I've seen enough of their marketing. From the announcements that never materialize, for example I was waiting on the Halo Cortana statue. But we never even saw a prototype of her. To now where saw a perfectly fine Psylocke at SDCC and now we aren't getting that version of the statue. And of course, we've seen tons of statues that come out painted differently from the factory. No need to pre-order or do anything with Sideshow until they show the factory statue. I haven't seen anything sell out recently except for that Thanos which the Exclusive had an early edition size and was really expensive. And even with that people received some with issues. No more for me.

Anyway, check out this Superman from XM. 1/6 scale. Easy purchase. I like this facial sculpt more than Prime 1's Jim Lee Hush version and the overall statue way more than all of Sideshow's Superman statues.

I think Prime 1 Studio's G.I. Joe line is dead after Scarlett. And her Exclusive isn't flying off the shelves with all the delays. Also, they would have shown Baroness by now. They had like 2 or 3 recent shows including their one this past weekend.

Pop Culture Shock is having some problems behind the scenes too. I would be surprised if their G.I. Joe line even comes out. If it does manage to come out it will be yet another Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes most likely first and we will be lucky to get Baroness from them. Some company just needs to make a good 1/5 or 1/6 reasonably priced statue line. Perhaps a new company like Tweeterhead. The price needs to be a bit in that $150- $175 range so people can get a lot of characters. I use that price range because Sideshow's figures stopped selling when they hit close to $200 and the quality wasn't at Hot Toys level. Although Sideshow's Baroness figure is good they couldn't even use that female body for a Scarlett figure.

Serpentor looks good though. I watched an unboxing from a foreign collector.

Edited by GeneticNinja

5 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

This bad boy arrived yesterday. It's massive! I've never received a statue that required two boxes before!

I probably won't do an unboxing video but I'll definitely have some pictures to post (hopefully tomorrow).

I agree it looks awesome! I think there was there a post earlier where someone had it all put it together...

Massive indeed!

They hadn't mentioned that it came in 2 boxes. :whatthe:

On 10/5/2018 at 7:53 PM, NamesJay said:

This bad boy arrived yesterday. It's massive! I've never received a statue that required two boxes before!

I probably won't do an unboxing video but I'll definitely have some pictures to post (hopefully tomorrow).

serpentor.jpg

Saw this at my local shop. IT'S YUGE! What a behemoth!

I had just received the first statue of the New Teen Titans this week. I have 6 more to get, then will have the complete team. I am thinking of creating a poster of the first issue cover as background for this statues in front. I wanted to create a 3D visual on my shelf. 

7432EB23-7475-41BD-8F7D-B81001B3233E.jpeg

Edited by Fan Boy
Forget to add photo