• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

Another massive piece. Mine is sitting on a shelf at my local shop for a couple of more payments. Did you get exclusive?

Yes! Although I probably won't display him with the straight face option very often. I very much prefer angry face Serpentor :-)

2 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Just sitting around wondering when this is going to be up for PO...:taptaptap: 

CC579443-0808-46A0-BEDC-FD8D4EBA3140.jpeg.62db99f48cfa6fb6c827e77ecc58488b.jpeg

I’m guessing $799? 

I'm hoping for $600. Simple base on this one, so should be in the same ballpark as their other recent premium formats. 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:48 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Six would be great! :wishluck:

Ugh, to think that we're HOPING for $600, is just nuts. These things used to be $300. Insane how the prices just keep climbing. I understand that some of it is the price of the materials has risen, but man, it still stings.

12 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ugh, to think that we're HOPING for $600, is just nuts. These things used to be $300. Insane how the prices just keep climbing. I understand that some of it is the price of the materials has risen, but man, it still stings.

I haven’t been in the Statue market for very long, so all I’ve really seen is the higher prices (8-1200 or more) for the big pieces. This is a nice looking piece...hard to believe pieces of the same quality would “only” be $300 years ago. There’s another market I’m late for 😆

56 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I haven’t been in the Statue market for very long, so all I’ve really seen is the higher prices (8-1200 or more) for the big pieces. This is a nice looking piece...hard to believe pieces of the same quality would “only” be $300 years ago. There’s another market I’m late for 😆

Is it a regular 1/4 scale premium format piece? They did indeed used to sell for $300-$350. Then it was $400. Then it was $450. Then $500. It's nuts. Hot Toys figures used to be $80 too. 

Sigh.

If this is bigger than the regular 1/4 scale pieces, then I'm not sure, I never went above that scale. $600 may be a steal for all I know for a 1/3 or larger piece. But the Primes are usually closer to $900-$1k, right?  

Edited by F For Fake

On 11/28/2018 at 11:05 AM, nearmint said:

I'm hoping for $600. Simple base on this one, so should be in the same ballpark as their other recent premium formats. 

By the time they put this up for pre-order it will either be a solid $600 or whatever new level Sideshow decides to go to. As it's pretty detailed I bet he'll be more than $600.

8 minutes ago, GeneticNinja said:

By the time they put this up for pre-order it will either be a solid $600 or whatever new level Sideshow decides to go to. As it's pretty detailed I bet he'll be more than $600.

We’ll see.  This piece doesn’t seem anymore detailed to me than Rebel Terminator.

30 minutes ago, nearmint said:

We’ll see.  This piece doesn’t seem anymore detailed to me than Rebel Terminator.

Even though similar if not same pose. Punisher is a more popular character with more going on in the base and paint job. Sideshow won't be able to resist being Sideshow and upping the price.

For some reason, I thought you and Gem Mint were the same guy.