• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, nearmint said:

Here's my review of the new Sideshow Daredevil Premium Format...

Great review.

I've been debating on getting this and the Elektra piece to go with it. Might have to wait until after Tax time though.

Hey all, i recently bought the wolverine hulk sideshow statue.  Doe anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced display case or something for this.  I was thinking of building one with wood top and bottom with 1/4 inch acrylic plexiglass all around. But that can get pricey too.  Thanks for any help or suggestions. 

Hulk-vs-Wolverine-Maquette-001.jpg

3 hours ago, wolverine180 said:

Hey all, i recently bought the wolverine hulk sideshow statue.  Doe anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced display case or something for this.  I was thinking of building one with wood top and bottom with 1/4 inch acrylic plexiglass all around. But that can get pricey too.  Thanks for any help or suggestions. 

Hulk-vs-Wolverine-Maquette-001.jpg

Hey CONGRATS!!

Although, Unfortunately I'm not too often a handy man, I'll wait for others feedback to get ideas myself :foryou:

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@wolverine180

How about checking sideshow?

They sell lighted display cases, I'm not sure the sizes though...hulk/wolverine is 23" by 19"? Something like that 

https://www.sideshow.com/search?keywords=display+cases

Looks like taller ones and also one statue cases :foryou:

2 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Getting this small Scarlett figure from Kotobukiya since Prime 1 Studio Snake Eyes is delayed and I'm assuming their Scarlett will be as well.

gj-1.png

Yeah, saw the pics of that line from Toy Fair. I'm not a big Bishoujo collector but I may be onboard for these.

14 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, saw the pics of that line from Toy Fair. I'm not a big Bishoujo collector but I may be onboard for these.

I thought she would be too cute like their Black Widow and others. I'm glad I was wrong. We'll see how Baroness turns out next.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:42 PM, GeneticNinja said:

Getting this small Scarlett figure from Kotobukiya since Prime 1 Studio Snake Eyes is delayed and I'm assuming their Scarlett will be as well.

gj-1.png

I love the Bishoujo lines. Some of my favourite statues, and this Scarlett is really tempting. 

Anyone pick up the recent Gentle Giant Wolverine (I think it's actually just called Wolverine '92)? Mine's about to be shipped from my POL, just wondering what in-hand impressions are. 

Hush Superman Prime 1 review.

I'll be shocked if anyone gets the full line. I was thinking about the Hush version vs the smaller XM Studio Superman. But I think I'm only going to get 1 or maybe 2 of the Hush characters. I wish they gave Superman a For Tomorrow portrait like the cover of the first issue. But people are talking about a black variant for Batman. So perhaps there will be a Superman variant too.

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

@nearmint I see you had a rotating base under your statues when you're doing the video reviews.  Is that custom made?  

Anybody else have bases they use regularly for display?  Any recommendations?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=lap+works+15"+heavy+duty+swivel&_sacat=0

You can pretty much pick your size though :foryou: