• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

@nearmint I see you had a rotating base under your statues when you're doing the video reviews.  Is that custom made?  

Anybody else have bases they use regularly for display?  Any recommendations?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's the one.  Also available on Amazon.

Some dude just took a few photos of Swampy - some of the best pics I've seen - looks awesome:

1.thumb.JPG.175933a0e42cc752ae3601ad7edb2bc6.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.c9bd367c37826dc4f5a4a83540e2f04e.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.43bde038d5e88603a662b8b10ae04851.JPG

5.thumb.JPG.3cd5e726984b7a538c89302abaeb8982.JPG

Reminds me that I should get some proper lighting done ... soon ... :grin:

BTW, the limited edition is almost sold out according to Sideshow - so don't wait too long if you consider getting one:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-swamp-thing-sideshow-collectibles-300654

On 2/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, Ducky13 said:

For my Birthday, from my wife and my son:

Diamond Select Captain America resin statue (2002) 8 1/2" tall

IMG_0157.thumb.JPG.3e2b1824284787210f41f5fc8c90d8f4.JPG

DC collectibles Batman and Catwoman bombshell statue, (2018) 11 3/4 tallIMG_0155.thumb.JPG.9feab73c85bac9486a60f8c557db2476.JPGIMG_0154.thumb.JPG.83a476ad32b1196cf2d3260b265ab944.JPG

very excited to display them in my comic room 

Met Ant Lúcia today at Planet Comic Con in KC. Super nice guy, got him to autograph the plaque for my Batman / Catwoman Bombshell Statue.

81158342-748F-44A0-8730-D015F68891CD.jpeg

Edited by Ducky13
Typo

11 hours ago, nearmint said:

Here’s my review of the new Elektra Premium Format from Sideshow...

:censored: I was afraid (or my wallet was anyway) that this was going to be as good as you've shown it to be.

Great review, as always.

Now off to the sideshow website to get my hands on one...

3 minutes ago, Anfield Fox said:

Saw the painted version of an XM piece of a character people have been waiting for forever :eek:

:whatthe:

1/6 or 1/4?

Edited by nearmint

2 minutes ago, nearmint said:

:whatthe:

1/6 or 1/4?

haha It's Marvel so 1/4.

But since you mentioned it there is one of the most stunning 1/6 DC statues coming too. I've passed on all of those so far but will grab that one.

18 minutes ago, Anfield Fox said:

But since you mentioned it there is one of the most stunning 1/6 DC statues coming too. I've passed on all of those so far but will grab that one.

:whatthe::whatthe:

The Lobo is pretty stunning. Even better than that?

Just now, nearmint said:

:whatthe::whatthe:

The Lobo is pretty stunning. Even better than that?

Never been a fan of Lobo but that is an amazing statue. It's not crazy like Sanity was. Had to keep quiet about that for a year. More that they captured the character, pose and the artist who drew him perfectly. One last tease. It's based on a particular artists work.

1 minute ago, Anfield Fox said:

Never been a fan of Lobo but that is an amazing statue. It's not crazy like Sanity was. Had to keep quiet about that for a year. More that they captured the character, pose and the artist who drew him perfectly. One last tease. It's based on a particular artists work.

Are these being revealed at the show this weekend?

Well Seng posted it on Facebook so the cat (or bat) is out the bag. It’s Batman based on Jim Lee’s artwork for one of his trades.

It might not be for everyone but Jim is my favourite Bats artist along with Adams. Love the sculpt and pose.

2B64C83C-4C1D-4F12-B92D-AC8B2AAD1F62.jpeg

Edited by Anfield Fox

Got my Elektra today and she's a beauty. Now to find the comparable DD. Undecided between getting the existing SS DD from 3rd parties or waiting on the Iron Studios one that debuted at SDCC. Price will probably be the deciding factor as I've already pre-ordered the SS & XM Colossuses.