• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2019 at 7:30 PM, kdoginohio said:

My latest acquisition from Quantum Mechanix. 

20191029_201036.jpg

I don't buy statues anymore, but I gave that one some serious thought.

Still thinking, actually...hm

Nobody seems to want to reply to my WTB threads in the Market Place so I'm going to throw a picture up a day here until I run out of stuff, to keep myself busy.:applause: Plus this is a pretty cool thread and it's fun to be able to share statues and such.  I've been collecting since 1992 and have gathered a few things up.  I'm mainly a DC guy but went off on a Marvel tangent for about a decade (oops).

Below is the Sideshow Exclusive PF Cap from the days when the term 'Sideshow Exclusive' had a little more weight (in my opinion).  This guy has survived quite a few moves in his lifetime.  To his left and right are the Red Skull and Captain America Legendary Scale Bust Exclusives.

IMG_6241.jpeg

This is the Prime 1 1:4 scale Darkseid Exclusive I bought through Sideshow.  The cape is custom, I actually made it for the 1:3 scale Doomsday for an alternate display so it's not the same scale but works okay, although I don't display it like this.  The 'S' on the cape was made by a seller on eBay named gymrat1966.  He normally makes repro emblems for Mego's and other toys and agreed to make this scale 'S' for me.

BTW - I'm on the hunt for Superman 74 2nd print CGC 9.8 and Adventures of Superman 498 1st print CGC 9.8.  Also looking for raw Legacy of Superman 2nd print.

IMG_6243.thumb.jpeg.43af7c0809378787d1651ae80925f513.jpeg

IMG_6242.thumb.jpeg.c65fe55b887f581be6fbce5dacea5980.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

This is the Prime 1 1:4 scale Darkseid Exclusive I bought through Sideshow.  The cape is custom, I actually made it for the 1:3 scale Doomsday for an alternate display so it's not the same scale but works okay, although I don't display it like this.  The 'S' on the cape was made by a seller on eBay named gymrat1966.  He normally makes repro emblems for Mego's and other toys and agreed to make this scale 'S' for me.

BTW - I'm on the hunt for Superman 74 2nd print CGC 9.8 and Adventures of Superman 498 1st print CGC 9.8.  Also looking for raw Legacy of Superman 2nd print.

IMG_6243.thumb.jpeg.43af7c0809378787d1651ae80925f513.jpeg

IMG_6242.thumb.jpeg.c65fe55b887f581be6fbce5dacea5980.jpeg

that's awesome, i'd be satisfied with the sideshow premium format, unless there is more than one i think i've described it right lol i just end up buying comics though.... and these statue boxes are a pain to store....

Congrats on yours though :) looks great!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

14 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

anyone got a nice spiderman statue that would pair well to ASM 1 '63 

I have the "Amazing Spider-man Sideshow Statue", but I don't know that with shipping etc, that I could offer it too cheap. I have the original sideshow shipping box etc. do some price checking :) Image copied from the net :foryou: I could pm you pics but it's the same as this :shy: 

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have the "Amazing Spider-man Sideshow Statue", but I don't know that with shipping etc, that I could offer it too cheap. I have the original sideshow shipping box etc. do some price checking :) Image copied from the net :foryou: I could pm you pics but it's the same as this :shy: 

s-l1600.jpg

Ok cool.. I was looking if there is one that has his web wings from ASM 1. But I might be interested.. I'll shoot you a PM after I do some searching and research..

3 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

Ok cool.. I was looking if there is one that has his web wings from ASM 1. But I might be interested.. I'll shoot you a PM after I do some searching and research..

there is an "exclusive" from Sideshow of this statue that has a little web extending from the arm.... but I don't own that one :) You might find mine for cheaper, good luck :) 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

there is an "exclusive" from Sideshow of this statue that has a little web extending from the arm.... but I don't own that one :) You might find mine for cheaper, good luck :) 

oh wow I was looking at a video of it. its really nice, but its very big lol.. I like it though.. ugh I have to think what I want to do.. (:

1 hour ago, Krismusic said:

oh wow I was looking at a video of it. its really nice, but its very big lol.. I like it though.. ugh I have to think what I want to do.. (:

ya, shipping alone is :flipbait:I "kind of want to keep mine", but lol it depends.... shipping even packing it back up might be a little :pullhair: :roflmao: 

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

that's awesome, i'd be satisfied with the sideshow premium format, unless there is more than one i think i've described it right lol i just end up buying comics though.... and these statue boxes are a pain to store....

Congrats on yours though :) looks great!

Thanks, I agree about the boxes!  It is hard to budget this stuff along with comics.  They are clever to offer Flexpay though, small deposit now and payments later, sounds easy enough.  Problem is that before you know it you have three or four Flexpay's going at once and are broke all the time (shrug)

2 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Thanks, I agree about the boxes!  It is hard to budget this stuff along with comics.  They are clever to offer Flexpay though, small deposit now and payments later, sounds easy enough.  Problem is that before you know it you have three or four Flexpay's going at once and are broke all the time (shrug)

yep i know the feeling but with paypal credit ha.

Speaking of Spider-man.., a little Randy Bowen flashback.  I’ve got the faux bronze Venom as well but don’t display it much. They made it without the tongue for some odd reason and it just never looked right to me next to the normal version.

I had missed out on that Major Victory mini bust and was totally bummed. Several years ago I walked into our LCS the weekend he opened. He was starting the store with some of his own collectibles and was selling the bust at a ridiculously low price and I was happy to snatch it up. I’ve since made it up to him several times over :cloud9:

F01E860C-A687-4B66-AF48-B60AB861FEED.jpeg

859BD430-1BF8-4D7B-974E-AB386B5F01CC.jpeg

7D05DFF0-E945-41E3-8C5C-886932CA6D47.jpeg

Last post of this thread for awhile... this is the Life Size Superman Bust from Sideshow.  Quality control on these were terrible (in my opinion).  The necks had these really bad light colored spots on them.  I think maybe it was caused by it being leaned on something while being painted.  I exchanged this five times before I got one that I thought was acceptable, especially for the price.  Sideshow customer service wasn't the greatest but for the price I wasn't going to settle for something that was going to drive me crazy.  At one point they made me cancel the order and create a new one, which meant I was out the cash for two of these for a short period of time.  Then it went to waitlist while I was waiting for an exchange and they made me feel like they were doing me a huge favor by digging this one up from somewhere.  So, after three months off aggravation I finally got a piece that had good paint.  Here it is, I think it was worth it!

IMG_6256.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Last post of this thread for awhile... this is the Life Size Superman Bust from Sideshow.  Quality control on these were terrible (in my opinion).  The necks had these really bad light colored spots on them.  I think maybe it was caused by it being leaned on something while being painted.  I exchanged this five times before I got one that I thought was acceptable, especially for the price.  Sideshow customer service wasn't the greatest but for the price I wasn't going to settle for something that was going to drive me crazy.  At one point they made me cancel the order and create a new one, which meant I was out the cash for two of these for a short period of time.  Then it went to waitlist while I was waiting for an exchange and they made me feel like they were doing me a huge favor by digging this one up from somewhere.  So, after three months off aggravation I finally got a piece that had good paint.  Here it is, I think it was worth it!

IMG_6256.jpeg

Looks Great! :)