• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2020 at 8:13 PM, piper said:

I’m looking at a couple of statues on eBay and gather that Sideshow is top of the heap. Does anyone have any feedback on Yamato?

Sorry, I have no experience with Yamato. Plenty with Sideshow though.

35 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Sorry, I have no experience with Yamato. Plenty with Sideshow though.

There are couple of Sideshow Poison Ivy statues that just look fantastic. Might need to take the plunge on eBay...

29 minutes ago, piper said:

There are couple of Sideshow Poison Ivy statues that just look fantastic. Might need to take the plunge on eBay...

I have had pretty good luck on ebay. You just need to be prepared that if it is broken on arrival its not as easy as dealing directly with the statue producer. 

On 8/25/2020 at 5:39 PM, Dwitkin82 said:

My Doomsday statue arrived today from Sideshow and Iron Studios

2E3C2B17-06DF-44F8-92A4-0471D5588679.jpeg

Got mine yesterday too.  Very nicely done... I only have one issue which isn't that big of a deal but I have found that I need to display it on a high shelf, otherwise, due to the angle of his posture and the small scale you can't really see his face.  This is my first Iron Studios piece and I am really happy with it, I'll definitely be on the lookout for other larger pieces now.

2 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

Got mine yesterday too.  Very nicely done... I only have one issue which isn't that big of a deal but I have found that I need to display it on a high shelf, otherwise, due to the angle of his posture and the small scale you can't really see his face.  This is my first Iron Studios piece and I am really happy with it, I'll definitely be on the lookout for other larger pieces now.

Completely agree..it’s angled too low..but awesome nonetheless 

32 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Cool stuff, everyone!  Just thought I'd share a shot of my still-growing collection of Marvel SA keys alongside their classic Bowen counterparts (FF #1 on the way!)...still have a few books left to go, though.

Dan

Statue Wall.jpg

That looks great!  Congrats on the incoming FF 1!  Looks like there’s a space needing filling next to the Hulk.

37 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Cool stuff, everyone!  Just thought I'd share a shot of my still-growing collection of Marvel SA keys alongside their classic Bowen counterparts (FF #1 on the way!)...still have a few books left to go, though.

Dan

Statue Wall.jpg

Love it 

44 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Dan

Statue Wall.jpg

And also is that all Bowen statues? Those look sweet all put together like that (thumbsu

And that watcher "watching" in the corner is a nice touch  ^^

1 hour ago, Drummy said:

Dan

Statue Wall.jpg

Some of those gaps are going to be very pricey!

3 hours ago, Drummy said:

Dan

Statue Wall.jpg

it is a beautiful display. I would love to do something like that I just have no space in this small 1 bedroom I live in. I suppose I could get rid of the couch, side table, etc.

33 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

it is a beautiful display. I would love to do something like that I just have no space in this small 1 bedroom I live in. I suppose I could get rid of the couch, side table, etc.

Sell some long boxes? :baiting:

Realized this morning that some statues are great for holding onto the remote control!  Great ROI afterall!

FCDD0A7C-115C-45BB-B1FD-CB09DB6EC798.thumb.jpeg.60ba84c2c87673acab2beeadca5d992c.jpeg

DA77D334-F7B9-4007-8DCC-8958CE5ACA4E.thumb.jpeg.369cf53f042b4bb491a467301df5ae73.jpeg

15627EDD-1DA0-4AF0-8A3E-817C0976B031.thumb.jpeg.33883cdf53b2f5c79f7df1f001b3d195.jpeg

2679E5F4-BC57-44C3-A45C-A54B3366A4C2.thumb.jpeg.6dc683fa7c618e1841291369b3aec39b.jpeg

And finally figured out what these two guys were fighting over!

B69C2280-549A-4446-8F75-A8E086ECBEAA.thumb.jpeg.c8d01385777b504a623c831fa21d9498.jpeg

Also recently bought some ultra bright LED’s for the room. Took a little bit to get used to them because my previous ones were warmer but really love them now.  Can actually see everything now!

Edited by Iconic1s

On 8/4/2020 at 10:51 PM, Iconic1s said:

Just wondering if anyone else has ordered directly from Prime 1 before, rather that through Sideshow?  I’m used to delays, but what I am not used to is being 'paid in full' and still waiting up to two more months for an item to ship. Sideshow usually charges the last payment + shipping and it goes out in about a day or two.  Any info would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any experience with them.  Hopefully this is just a disclaimer and it will ship much sooner!  I love their work but doubt I will ever order directly from them again if it actually takes that long to ship.

Just wanted to provide an update/PSA to the Prime 1 shipping question I posted in case it is helpful to anyone thinking about ordering through their site:

Last payment on General Zod 1/3 scale went through and item was ‘preparing to ship’ on 4 Aug.

Item actually shipped on 15 August, meaning with Economy ($438.00) shipping it got on a boat and started it’s surface journey to the US, I’m guessing from either Japan or China.

3 Sept it was finally in UPS hands in Los Angeles and is scheduled for delivery on 10 Sept.

As I said earlier, this is my first experience ordering directly from Prime 1.  With expensive and slow (after payment) shipping the ONLY silver lining at this point is that this statue still isn’t available through Sideshow.  I’m not posting this to bash Prime 1 in any way, I love their statues, just thought folks would want to know what to expect with shipping.

I have a spot picked out for him and will post pics next week.  I think it will be worth the extra expense/wait as long as he continues to not be available through Sideshow... we’ll see how that goes! 

Edited by Iconic1s