• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

It was commissioned for the 600th anniversary of the battle and only 15 large versions were made.  The crown, which isn't in the photo, is gold, and the sword is gold,with diamond bits. One was presented to the Royal family, one to the British museum and Royal Daulton sold the rest for between 25,000 and 35,000.

The six inch version is a couple hundred dollars

Their large pieces usually sell for $15,000 or more, just because they are so limited.

They might do a dozen large ones and 10,000 small versions for everything they do,

Most Royal Daulton collectors will never see a piece like this in the wild.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:46 AM, The Man Without Beer said:

This Diamond Select Premier Elektra showed up and for the price I got it for ($55 shipped) it was worth it imo.

20210203_113325.jpg

I remember being so excited when Bowen released those Daredevil statues, the yellow and red. I had to save up, because they cost a whopping $150! Can you imagine? That seemed crazy to me 20 years ago, but now statues in that scale are easily $200-$300, and the premium format lines are $600-$1k. I wish I still had the Bowen stuff. As fancy as the statues are these days, it's hard to beat those simple, classic sculpts.

50 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I remember being so excited when Bowen released those Daredevil statues, the yellow and red. I had to save up, because they cost a whopping $150! Can you imagine? That seemed crazy to me 20 years ago, but now statues in that scale are easily $200-$300, and the premium format lines are $600-$1k. I wish I still had the Bowen stuff. As fancy as the statues are these days, it's hard to beat those simple, classic sculpts.

Yeah, always wanted the yellow Bowen DD when it came out but wasn't collecting at the time. This time it was on my priority list for a DD statue. I actually have the Iron Studios 1:4 DD on preorder.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:44 AM, comicartfan said:

I just started grabbing a few statues of key characters I want. Superman is one of them and I agree, I couldn’t find one that really grabbed me..:until I saw this one and bought it immediately. 

522B5EC3-9E2F-4DA4-A346-1B9C5DA75DDC.jpeg

I wish I would've bought this statue when it came out ... awesome. 

2 hours ago, Mephisto said:

After years of looking for and an epic fail and waste of money on a statue display case we had extra book cases at our place so I just finally said forget the dust and set up what I’ve mostly had boxed up.

Nice balls

5BC3333A-25B2-4BB4-AFDD-ED472F9F666D.jpeg

Video on how I made this Custom Base add-on for my PRIME1 VENOM statue. All material can be found at most local hardware/craft stores. This is the best Venom statue I've found, 😍 but I never liked the "silver border" around the base. I'm no artist, I just wanted do something different to make it look nicer next to my other statues on the display.

I've done a Custom Kraven Base, a large Lizard base, and I thought the Venom should be next 😎

I've tried to keep the video as short as possible since I've already shown some of the techniques in the LIZARD video 😁 This is something that many collectors can do at home so I still wanted to show all steps in case you want to something similar. The foam used was Owens Corning FOAMULAR Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Rigid Foam Insulation.

It's an awesome statue and I'm glad I have it as part of my Spider-Man Statue Collection ! Hope you enjoy it ! 👍

20200629_183534.jpg

20200726_133606.jpg

20200726_165604.jpg

venom-before.JPG

venom-comics.cgc.JPG

venon-portrait.JPG