• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

King Features Syroco series from the 40s. Trying to upgrade a few of those as well as score some ones I still need from the "Great Americans" series (lower left with Lincoln, Washington, etc.). In the middle are the Pinnochio syroco plaques, and the ones on the lower right front are the Indian Totem Poles that were offered as Quaker Puffed Wheat cereal premiums from the Sgt. Preston radio show.

syrocos_zpsebb118a0.jpg

Hard to see him in the bottom middle there, but that's Capt. Marvel and at the tippy top are a couple of the original boxes that the King Features ones came in.

Those are awesome! I had no idea there were so many out there. I had started trying to collect the Dark Horse syrocos but (and here's a rare complaint in comics) they were released too fast and cost too much. I'm picking and choosing some now.

Very cool! :cool:

IMG_4231_zpsd404aa72.jpg

I have this one, myself. As much as I love it, there is something slightly off about it that I can't put my finger on. Seeing as you're obviously a fan and have one, do you feel the same way or I am just a crotchety old man?

IMG_4231_zpsd404aa72.jpg

I have this one, myself. As much as I love it, there is something slightly off about it that I can't put my finger on. Seeing as you're obviously a fan and have one, do you feel the same way or I am just a crotchety old man?

Legs spread a little bit too wide? Can't see old war dog like Fury in such an odd pose, even if the statue looks to be modeled after David Hasselhoff.

IMG_4231_zpsd404aa72.jpg

Legs spread a little bit too wide? Can't see old war dog like Fury in such an odd pose, even if the statue looks to be modeled after David Hasselhoff.

It looks like they were shooting for the look of Nick Fury #4.

80eb5932-a606-4cad-9003-92e97fedc17d.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan

IMG_4231_zpsd404aa72.jpg

I used to have that one and thought it was a pretty fair likeness to the inspiration

nick-fury-4.jpg

IMG_4231_zpsd404aa72.jpg

It looks like they were shooting for the look of Nick Fury #4.

80eb5932-a606-4cad-9003-92e97fedc17d.jpg

You mean to tell me that Fury is caucasian? :ohnoez:

I think they would have been better off using the pose from the logo. Some things just don't translate very well from the printed page.

This may be the bottom line. I love Steranko's stuff but maybe it just didn't make the transition like one would hope.

I think they would have been better off using the pose from the logo. Some things just don't translate very well from the printed page.

This may be the bottom line. I love Steranko's stuff but maybe it just didn't make the transition like one would hope.

Yeah, all of the one's modeled after a cover that I have, look slightly off, other than the Subby, but I love them all just the same!

IMG_2341.jpg

NO FREAKIN' WAY!

When was this released? Who made it?

RokuToys, who mainly does the Usagi stuff in around 2009 put them out, though I missed it and found mine on eBay about a year ago.

Really solid statue with a great paint job. Monkeyman is about 10 inches tall.

Very happy to have one!