• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

And JS Campbell just posted a tease about the new Black Cat statue to go along with it! I Cant wait :)

Link? :baiting:

The only thing I've seen was a black background with the words "Black Cat" on it on his Twitter.

Me too. lol

(shrug)

And JS Campbell just posted a tease about the new Black Cat statue to go along with it! I Cant wait :)

The only thing I've seen was a black background with the words "Black Cat" on it on his Twitter.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/j-scott-campbell-black-cat-statue/

and here is a screencap of the sketch from a video last year

sWQuZgm.png

I think I'd like to get some nice Justice League pieces. . . would be cool to get the Wonder Woman someone posted a little bit ago, along with the Superman and Batman. If they made The Flash and GL, I'd definitely like those.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/j-scott-campbell-black-cat-statue/

and here is a screencap of the sketch from a video last year

sWQuZgm.png

Nice! I like the Gwen from this line, as well.

Ohhhh.... doh!

I thought there was a picture of the statue.

Would have been great but this was only announced today so it'll be a few months before it's up for preorder. I'm guessing they would want it up around the time Spidey starts shipping in May to maximize sales.

Yes, the sketch is most likely be what the statue looks like. All of the statues coming out started out as sketches in one of his sketchbooks. I love the Mary Jane one, so so on Gwen and looking forward to Felicia.

I think I'd like to get some nice Justice League pieces. . . would be cool to get the Wonder Woman someone posted a little bit ago, along with the Superman and Batman. If they made The Flash and GL, I'd definitely like those.
yeah I can't wait to get the wonder woman plus I just saw they are going to have the arkham games collection

Yes, the sketch is most likely be what the statue looks like. All of the statues coming out started out as sketches in one of his sketchbooks. I love the Mary Jane one, so so on Gwen and looking forward to Felicia.

An employee in Sideshow's art department said he contacted Campbell to make some new sketches for the Black Cat looking for a "fresh take", so this piece is still in the early stages of its development, and it may not be what we see in this sketch.

yeah I can't wait to get the wonder woman plus I just saw they are going to have the arkham games collection

Yep, right now they're working on two 1/4 scale Premium Format pieces based on the Arkham Games; one of those pieces is a "classic villain", so it's most likely Batman and the Joker.

Got my shipping notice for my first statue. It's the Sideshow Campbell MJ. Should be here on Thursday :wishluck:

Sideshow shipping a piece early is a Christmas miracle.

My Batman Premium Format is scheduled to be shipped to me in March; I ordered it 14 months ago. lol

Your collection must be incredible COI :cloud9:

I'm working on it. I'm sort of rebuilding right now, after selling off 100+ statues several years ago, including dozens of Bowens and a dozen early Sideshow pieces. I have lots of nice stuff, but it's all sitting in boxes which is a bummer. But I'm in for the long haul, and have a specific plan for the collection.

This is the acquisition phase. These things are fine art to me :cloud9:

I posted about this before, but here it is again for those who might not have seen it:

If any of you are at all interested in trying out a 1/4 scale piece, the Spidey "classic cold cast bronze" is an awesome choice. It works well as a stand-alone in any environment, including the office, and it's just really awesome-looking in person. At just 400 pieces, this thing will be impossible to find down the road, and I'm still mystified as to why it hasn't sold out yet. The price is also right at $299; you won't find any other 1/4 pieces priced that low.

photo4_zps1487498e.jpg

photo5_zpsc87e4d7b.jpg

butt-shot

photo6_zps6ee981c2.jpg

photo7_zps0423e3cd.jpg

photo8_zpsc4202fc2.jpg

The Stock pics do this one way more justice than my crappy iPhone and lighting setup.

It's 1/4 scale; 20 inches tall, 12 inches wide:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-spider-man-sideshow-collectibles-200290/